Chapter 19 - 4 398 days

Dear Moon,

I had a dream last night. It wasn't a nightmare and yet, it wasn't a happy one. Perhaps it's a memory but I'm not entirely sure. Anyways, whatever it was, I felt like sharing it with you. So here it is.

In my dream, we were together, standing at the edge of a high cliff, overlooking the great, blue ocean. You were holding my hand, clutching it in your much smaller one. I could feel the heat radiating from your body, and from time to time, I could feel how you shivered.

That night, the stars were bright and in your eyes, I could see the universe. You looked at me, with eyes full of love, but if I looked closely enough, I could see your pain. Your eyes really were like the universe. I could see entire galaxies where your eyes held life, but I could also see black holes were your eyes held the pain. It was so mesmerizing and even a blind man could see that.

Your lips moved as you spoke to me, but alas I was so lost in your eyes that I simply couldn't comprehend what you were trying to say with words. I was lost in the universe of you and I didn't want to find my way out.

Suddenly, you were gone. Vanished into thin air.

I panicked, desperately searching for you, but to no avail. You were gone.

At that time, I woke up and the harsh truth of reality hit me in the face.

You had disappeared from me just as quickly as you did in my dream.

I really miss you, Moon. It's been so long. So long since I've ever felt something that even resembled happiness. And it's been a life time ago since I've felt something that resembled love.

You always told me to smile when all I wanted to do was to cry. You always told me to be brave when all I wanted to do was to be a coward. You always told me to love, even though that seemed impossible and all I wanted to do was hate.

You always told me to do the exact opposite, and I suppose I should have done just that on that fateful day.

I'm sorry Moon.

Until we meet again,

Sun