Chapter 6

It's 6:00 pm and I'm on my way to Chad's house. I ring the doorbell and Chad is the one that answered it. Thank goodness. So far so good. We sat down at the dinner table and his parents introduced themselves. We were having lasagne for dinner. Ok, all I have to do is get passed today. I just hope they don't talk to me.

   "So, Piper, what's your favorite thing to do?" His mom asked me. Crap! No!

   "Ummmm, well, I like to sing. I'm pretty good at it I guess."

   "Ohhhhh! That's lovely! Chad here can play the piano! You guys should play something for us! Come on it will be fun!" His mom yelled excitedly. And Chad was all for it. He got up and led me to a big room with a piano in it.

   "Ok I don't know if you know this song or not so here are the lyrics." Chad said while handing me the lyrics to a song called "the water is wide." It's more of a folk song. Ok, interesting. Wait! This is my favorite folk song! I put the lyrics away, and he smiles at me. He starts to play the piano and his parents smile. Then it's my turn to start singing. At first I'm nervous but when I got to a certain part I was confident...

    I leaned my back, against a young oak, thinking he were, a trusty tree...but first he bended, and then he broke, thus did my love, prove false to me...

   Chad always seems to know how to make my day better. And the best thing ever is that his parents love me! My horrible day turned into a wonderful night. All thanks to Chad and his parents.

  "Have a safe drive home, Piper! Oh and come back anytime!" Chad's mom yelled as Chad and I walked out the door.
  Chad walked me to my car and then when his parents were out of sight he leaned in and kissed me. This was my first kiss. And it was perfect, just like him...