Chapter 11

Well, my whole fighting back thing didn't work. In fact it made things worse. Here's what happened...

  It all started in the cafeteria, I heard Abby and Katy whispering to Lisa about me.

"She's so ugly!" Katy said.

"Yeah, you should be the one dating Chad, not her. I mean what does he see in her anyway?" Abby asked.

This is the part where I got up and said something.

"You know I can hear you right!?"

"Um, duh, that was the point." Lisa laughed.

"You know why Chad likes me, it's because I'm not stuck up like you! I'm actually nice to people and I treat them with respect, but you know what, Lisa, I lost all respect for you."

Lisa was shocked for a moment but then she went back to her normal bratty self. She took the pudding that was on her tray and wiped it on my face.

"Don't ever talk to me like that again! Ok?" Lisa said. She smiled and then walked away. Standing up for myself didn't help! It made things worse! Soon rumors started to spread. Apparently I'm on drugs and I'm an alcoholic, that's why I had enough guts to stand up for myself. Every time I walk into a classroom every one stops talking and they stare. Some even laugh. I don't know why I expected things to change. But when I got home I sat down on my bed and turned on the t.v. I normally do this after a depressing day. It helps me escape my world and enter theirs. Not even 15 minutes later I hear a knock on my bedroom door. Chad walks into my room holding a pizza.

"I heard you had a rough day, so I brought you this. I thought maybe we could talk about it." He said.

Chad makes everything better. I wish we were in the same classes and the same lunch shift. It would make things so much easier. We sat in my room for about an hour. I talked about my day while also bawling my eyes out. He didn't seem to care. He stroked my hair while I cried into his chest. I'm surprised he's still popular since he's dating me. I asked him about his day and he says it was great. He doesn't have to worry about people laughing at him because no matter what he does he's still attractive. He's not clumsy, ugly, or weird. He's perfect. I'm not. I really hope nothing bad starts happening to him because of me. I would never forgive myself. Plus I don't want to lose him! I can't lose him. I love him...