Chapter 7

It's my one month anniversary with Chad today. He told my that he had something big planned for me. Ugh, I hate surprises. He picked me up at 1:00 pm.

  "Are you ready?" He asked.

  "For what?"

  "Fun!"

   I nodded and we were off. We kept driving until we got to a camp ground. He told me to wait in the car while he signed something. What are we doing here? We are at camp Bow and Arrow. A place my dad took me when I was younger. We used to travel a lot. Mostly to this town, it's like he knew we were going to move here someday.
   Chad came back and didn't speak a word. He just kept driving. When we finally parked we were in front of a pen full of horses.

  "Are we riding horses today?" I asked.

  "Yeah! I thought it would be fun! Although I've never done it before."

  I couldn't help but smile. Riding horses was always my favorite thing to do. After we got out of the car our instructor explained what to do.

  "If you want to turn left pull the left rein, if you want to go right pull the right one. If you are going up a hill lean forward. If you're going down a hill lean back. And don't let them eat anything. Alright that's it. Let's ride."

   We went down a 45 minute trail. It was so much fun! Chad looked like he was having trouble controlling his horse, but whenever I asked if he needed help he played it cool and said no. Typical man. I saw deer and rabbits and so many other things along the trail. I had a great time. And when it was all over, Chad gave me another kiss and whispered...

  "Happy anniversary."