Chapter 29

The first thing I noticed when I got to Chad's house, was that his parents weren't there. Good, they won't hear me yell at him. I don't even knock on the door, I just go in. I don't even think before I do this, I start yelling at him like a maniac.

  "What were you thinking!? Seriously!? Everything was going great! Things were finally back to normal and then you ruined it by stalking me again! I should never have gone back out with you! I should've stuck to my instincts and called the cops when I had the messages on my phone! Why was I being so stupid!? Oh yeah, because deep down I was hoping you would change! I loved you! But now, I don't know who you are anymore. I'm sorry, Chad, but...I can't do this anymore. I'm done. We're done. Now give me the picture so I can be done with that too. I want nothing to do with you anymore."

  He didn't say anything he stayed silent with a stupid look on his face. A smirk. Does he think this is a joke?! Does the think I'm kidding!? I'm not! Not this time! No, this time I'm done. But he's obviously not. I wasn't prepared for what happened next. He grabbed my arm and yanked me towards him.

  "You listen to me, Piper! I'm not stalking you! I never was! Gosh I hate that word. Stalking. I prefer the word admiring. It sounds prettier. Not creepy. That's what I was doing, Piper, I was admiring you! I still am. I mean, look at you! You're beautiful, smart, talented, funny, and I love you! Ever since I first saw you I loved you! And you will be mine, Piper Adams! Now be a good girl and sit down!"

   He slammed me down on a chair. I obeyed him because I was terrified. No one has ever done this to me before. I didn't know what to do. I can't call 911, not while he's watching me.

  "Oh and by the way, I forgot to mention, there was no picture. That was just an excuse to get you down here. I knew you would break up with me if I slipped up one more time. I just wanted to test the love you have, or had, for me. But apparently you don't love me as much as I love you! You never did! You lying little brat!"

  He took his right hand and slapped me across the face.

  "You, you hit me." I started crying. He didn't comfort me. He just stood there. A shocked look on his face. He was as shocked as I was.

  "I'm sorry, Piper, but if I can't have you..then no one can!"

   He stood me back up and put a cloth over my mouth. The last thing I remember was the look in his eyes. Pure evil. How could I ever have loved him? Where did I go wrong? I know the answer to that. We all do. Why did I have to be so stupid. I passed out while hearing his evil laugh. I hate him! Why didn't I call 911!? Why? Why?!