July 13th, 2006
8:26 AM

"Thank you for coming." Gerard said quietly, handing a program to Frank's friend Tom. Tom thanked Gerard and sat down on a bench next to Ray. Ray was reading through the program. Gerard examined the small church's room.

A display was on a table, filled with pictures of Frank. There were pictures of him smiling and laughing at a beach, pictures of him with Gerard, pictures of him with his dogs, pictures of him performing, pictures of him with his family, and pictures of him as a kid.

His favorite gutair was propped against the wooden table and many other objects with meaning to him were set out on the table arranged with care and respect.

He was so young. Gerard missed him every night. He had been staying with Mikey and Pete for the last week. They had been so welcoming and loving toward him.

It was unfair how Frank had passed. Why not me instead? Gerard thought sadly. Gerard had only obtained a slight gash on his head and a broken arm, but other than that, he was fine.

It was the blanket that saved him from bashing his head in.

Now instead of arranging a wedding, a funeral had replaced that. It was unfair to Frank, he had such a life ahead of him. He could have done so many things. Now, he had no way of doing that. His fate now was to be a corpse rotting away in the ground for years to come.

Mikey and Pete walked in, Pete with his arm wrapped around Mikey's waist. Gerard sighed and handed his brother a program. Mikey gave a sad smile and hugged Gerard.

"At least he's in a better place now." He whispered in Gerard's ear. Better place my ass, Gee thought. He wasn't sick, he was perfectly healthy and happy. He was in a better place. Why do people keep telling me these lies?! Gerard yelled mentally, but all he said aloud was, "I know."

Mikey and Pete walked over to the bench where Ray was sat. They greeted, exchanged sad expressions, whispered, and sat down. Everyone was in black and it was a pretty depressing scene.

After the last of friends and family entering and sitting down, Gerard took his seat in the front with Frank's family.

A man walked to the front of the room and stood near Frank's coffin. "We are gathered here today to cellabrate the life of Mr. Frank Anthony Iero Jr. He was a good man, as most people will say. Tragic he died the way he did, but we all know he is in a better place now. We miss you dearly Frank. Let us pray." Everyone prayed.

The prayers ended and the preist continued to talk. "Now, please welcome Frank's mother." Frank's mom walked to the pedastool and began to talk after taking a deep breath.

"I remember Frank as a child. He was a good kid, he cared about everyone. I remember one specific day when he took his father's gutair and tried to play a song he made up for me. It consisted of only two cords and him smashing his fist against the body of the gutair," She said, everyone laughed weakly at the last remark. "But it was still beautiful. He was so excited to play it for me."

She continued with stories until she closed her speech and Frank's dad came up and talked. A few more family members came up and shared stories. Then Frank's friends came up.

Ray told a story of Frank leaving him at a bus stop, Mikey talked about getting injured by Frank so much on stage, Pete told the story about when Frank once spent forty-five minutes in a Wal-mart trying to get a full box of black crayons by swithing out every boxes black crayons. Pete said Frank had done this as a prank gift for Gerard, he smiled at the memory. Then, it was Gerard's turn.

Gerard slowly walked to the front pedastool and cleared his throat. "Hello, my name is Gerard Way. I'm Frank Iero's fiance. Frank and I were together for many years, I knew him for a while, and I loved him with all my heart. He was truly a wonderful person."

He told stories of him and Frank watching movies, funny stories of tour, hanging out, and the story of their proposal.

"I miss him, and nothing will ever heal the sadness I feel about losing him. No one will ever replace the love I feel for him, he will never be forgotten in my mind. Rest in peace my true love, so long and goodnight Frankie." Gerard closed out.

He walked back to his seat and wiped away hot tears threatening his eyes.

After ten minutes they were able to see Frank one last time. Gerard looked down at his lifeless lover and smiled. "Thanks for the journey of a life time Frankie. I love you." He leaned over and kissed Frank's forehead, a single tear dropping onto Frank's chest once Gerard straightened back up.

They took Frank out to the grave site and buried him. They were all able to throw dirt into the ground. Gerard threw the dirt into the deep pit where his now dead fiance laid.

"So long, and goodnight."