CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR

Reunited

April 23, 2014. Wednesday. 10 AM

As scheduled, Zoey was fetched by Don George's driver and drove to the Lucero Mansion.

The Lucero couple already knew prior to her arrival that Zoey Dizon was their long lost daughter Georgina. Don George had looked at the results as soon as it was delivered to his office the previous day. Immediately, he cancelled all his appointments, went home and told his wife the wonderful news.

So when Zoey arrived at the mansion, she was embraced warmly by Doña Mariana. "It's really you, baby. I knew you're alive. I had never ever doubted about it." And when her real mother had released her from her tight embrace, her mother looked at her face and then saw the necklace she was wearing. Doña Mariana held the pendant and said, "Your Daddy had this necklace custom-made. He gave it to you when you were born."

Don George also hugged Zoey, "When we danced last Saturday and you told me your story, it somehow gave me an unexplainable feeling of hope. After that night, I really prayed hard that you are indeed our long lost baby. It had been twenty-five long years, my darling daughter. When I saw the results, I went to your place but you were still not there and so we waited. Where have you been? We have been so worried about you? I asked Jaime what happened. He told me that you take a vacation leave and filed your resignation. He was the one who told me that night that he noticed a heart shape birthmark by your left shoulder. That's why I approached you and asked you for a dance."

She wanted to confirm, "So, I am that baby Don Jaime's son was enamored to? Am I James' betrothed?! Does Don Jaime already know that I am your long lost daughter?"

Doña Mariana nodded in approval, "Yes, he and his wife already know. But we told them not to tell James yet. Jaime told us that James had expressed his intention to marry you but you're still not sure about your feelings for him. So we all agreed to give you the time and space you needed to sort out your feelings for him. And while, you're sorting things out we also felt that you, me and your Dad take a trip around the world. We wanted to spend more time with you first. Then when you're ready, we will introduce you to the society as Georgina, our daughter. You can also work for MPC along with Gregory if you want. We really have a lot of catching up to do, darling."

They were already seated by the couch. She didn't know what to say.

Don George asked, "What's the matter, princess? Aren't you happy that we already found you and you already found us?"

She smiled sweetly to her real parents, "I am extremely happy, Mom, Dad. But everything just seems surreal. I haven't processed everything yet." Then she told her father about working at MPC, "As for working for MPC, Dad, I don't think it's proper even if I'm your daughter. I am aware that the family has already chosen Gregory to replace you."

Her father acknowledged it in all honesty. "Yes, princess. Gregory is the eldest male among all your cousins in the Lucero Clan. As my daughter, you have all the rights and privileges to replace me at the company in the same way that Gregory has."

Georgina then said, "I'm willing to help the family business in any way possible, Dad. But I don't want to compete with Gregory with the position. I prefer to have my own career outside the family business."   

"So much for that," her mother said, "First things first, give me the keys to your condominium unit so some of our household staff can pack up all your things." And so she gave her mother the keys that was immediately handed them to the driver. "Are you hungry?"