CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX

The Threat

June 6, 2014. Friday morning. A news about the medical parole granted to Dulce Lopez came out on early morning TV news programs. Dulce Lopez was granted the medical parole for she was suffering from stage four ovarian cancer.

That night, Georgina and James agreed to meet up at Club Zenith for dinner.

They would dine at the private dining room especially reserved for Jac's family, relatives, and VIP clients and friends.

She used the private elevator with her bodyguards. On her way to the private dining room where James was already waiting, Rodney had approached her.

James, Juan and her bodyguards prevented Rodney from getting near her. James had immediately escorted Georgina

Rodney shouted, "So, you won't talk to me now because you're already a Billionaire-Heiress! I know a lot about you, Georgina Lucero. I'll make sure that you and your billionaire fiancé go down!"

Jac ordered his bouncers to escort Rodney out of the premises of the building. He also instructed the security group of the building to ban Rodney from Zenith Tower from that point forward.

"Are you okay, honey," James had thoughtfully asked her, enclosing her in his arms and bestowing a light kiss on her forehead when they were already seated side by side on the soft-cushioned seat of their dining table.

She was still shaking from such encounter with Rodney. She told James, "Rodney and I had a photo of us kissing with just our swimwear on. What if he released that to the press?"

James wasn't able to answer anymore. Georgina's private phone rang. Her Dad called her. He had asked her to come home immediately for an urgent matter but he didn't say why. He also asked that if James was with her then he should come as well.

James and Georgina along with their bodyguards left Club Zenith and headed immediately to Lucero Mansion.

James' parents were also there when they arrived. They convened at the family room. Her Dad showed them an anonymous letter with the photos of Rodney and Zoey kissing while dancing with just their swimwear on.

The note of different cut-out newspaper fonts indicated -

George Lucero,

Your daughter is not fit to run MPC. If you insist on having her as CEO-President. I will ruin her. This is just the beginning. These photos will be on the papers tomorrow.

Anonymous

Daddy Jaime added, "We also received a report that a video of your encounter with Rodney a while ago at Club Zenith is already uploaded in YouTube and it already has millions of views."

Georgina felt so weak with all those bad news. She was speechless for a while. Her tears just voluntarily fell from her eyes. James, who was seated beside her, embraced her lovingly, kissed her forehead, and said, "Everything will be all right, honey."

Don George voiced out, "This is just not about your vindictive ex-boyfriend, princess. We feel that someone in the MPC is behind all of these. You and Gregory have been checking the financial records of the company for the past five years. I just read your findings this afternoon. And I haven't thought of a course of action yet in addressing the scam that Gregory and you have uncovered. James, MPC had lost hundreds of millions for the past five years. As the biggest minor stakeholder of the company, your share plus all the Luceros' shares had guaranteed the CEO-President position for my daughter. But they are not aware that she didn't like the position and didn't want to bail out Gregory on it. They are using my daughter's past relationship with Rodney to shake you up. I think they wanted to ruin your engagement with my daughter with this smear campaign so that the Luceros won't have the majority votes if the issue about the scam comes out."