CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN

Counter Measures

Juan phoned James after sometime. James had asked, "What's the status?"

Juan said, "Gregory had been wounded but he's already at the hospital and being attended here at the ER. The wound isn't deep. As for the attackers, they were already apprehended by the hotel security personnel and the Luceros' bodyguards. The police had also been notified."

James inquired, "When can we see Gregory?"

Juan answered, "I strongly advise you and the Luceros to stay there at the penthouse for a while. I'm here with Gregory along with some of the bodyguards of the Luceros. I fear for Georgina's safety if she leaves the penthouse. Gregory feels the same way. He wanted to talk to you."

James acknowledged it, "Okay."

Gregory spoke up, "I'm fine, buddy. I'll do anything to protect my sister so, please do the same. Reassure her and our parents that I'm fine. I won't stop until those people behind this attack and behind the scam are stopped. I should have not asked Georgina to help me out uncover the truth about those discrepancies at the financial reports. If I hadn't asked her help in reviewing those financial reports with me, she won't be targeted. Prove to me now that I really can count on you when it comes to my sister's safety, James. Our family just had her back. So, do everything in your power to keep her safe."

James responded, "You can count on me on that, buddy. You don't even need to ask. Do you want to talk to Daddy George?"

"Yes," Gregory replied.

Daddy George got the phone that James hand handed to him. "Greg, how are you?"

"I'm fine, Dad. You got nothing to worry about. The wound by my side isn't deep. They'll be able to discharge me in a short while. Juan and our bodyguards here are just making sure that I'll be safe on our way to the condo," Gregory replied. "I fear most for Georgina's safety. If we didn't ask her to join the company for the time being, none of these would have happened. Mommy Mariana might not be able to handle it if we lost her again. So, we must do everything to protect her."

"I understand your point, son. So, will you be ready to take on my position now? I know it's too soon but you need to step up for the sake of our family. And we need to address the scam immediately."

"I'll be ready, Dad," Gregory acknowledged it. "Mommy Mariana and Georgina might be kept safe for the meantime at Phoebe's safe house in Hawaii."

"I'll tell them about it. Come home to the mansion. You'll be safer there than in G's condo unit," George told his nephew/son.

"Okay. I will, Dad."

Their conversation ended.

George told Mariana and Georgina about Gregory's suggestion. "I think it's best for you darling and Georgina to fly to Hawaii at Phoebe's safe house. Gregory and I will handle all the problems here first. You'll be safest there. I will already contact Tobias regarding it. That property in Hawaii is on Phoebe's name but we don't want to disturb her on her honeymoon."

Mariana spoke up, "How about you and Gregory?"

George assured his wife, "We'll be fine. Gregory is ready to be the CEO-President. But we need to be sure of Georgina's safety. And you should go with her to Hawaii."

Mariana said, "What if we don't want to leave?"

Georgina asked her father, "Is hiding really the best option, Dad?"