CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE

Her Life as the Heiress

Georgina's parents had introduced her to the life she was about to face as the heiress. New identification cards had been secured. Bank accounts, debit cards, credit cards had been provided. She had undergone LASIK eye surgery to correct her vision. Dental braces were also applied to correct the misalignment of her teeth. She was also subjected to several beauty treatments to reveal her natural beauty even more. Her wardrobe had been increased and updated. Expensive jewelries and accessories had been provided for her. She also took lessons for proper etiquette and decorum expected of her as a high society princess. She got to meet all their relatives around Filipinas and around the world as well both in the Blanco side and Lucero side.

With all of these, the media never had a glimpse of her. She travelled with her parents in disguise. She knew that once she was formally introduced to the society, she won't be able to live a normal life anymore. Designers, whom her mother commissioned to create personalized clothes, shoes and bags for her, were all keen to have her as print model and endorser.

On the other hand, James life had been miserable since Zoey left. He focused on work and trained on a new combat sport.

Just a few days after Georgina was found, James had a chance to hang out with Gregory at Club Zenith.

James had asked, "So, how's your cousin?"

Gregory acted innocently, "Are you asking about Phoebe?"

James immediately said, "Of course, I want to know about Georgina. She had refused to meet me until her formal introduction to the society."

Gregory said, "Legally, she is my sister, buddy. She's as pretty as the day you declared your intention to marry her when she was still a baby."

James queried, "Why didn't she want to meet me yet?"

Gregory answered, "She's still so overwhelmed finding about her real identity. Daddy George and Mommy Mariana can be so overly doting. I cannot really blame them. They lost G for twenty-five years. They just had me and Phoebe as substitutes. We may be blood relatives but G was their real flesh and blood. G also lived a private life when she was still not found. She wanted to keep it that way even for a short while. She was aware that once she was formally introduced to the society, her privacy will diminish."

James further asked, "What about her attitude?"

Gregory said, "She's very sweet, thoughtful and down-to-earth. I'm not saying this to vouch for her, buddy. But, she is a Blanco and a Lucero in every inch. So, I am warning you. We maybe good friends but by blood she's my cousin and legally she's my sister, so stay true to her. If you're still in love with your chief-of-staff then let G know and I'm sure she'll let you go. She just agreed to the betrothal upon knowing it because she didn't want to disappoint our parents. She agreed to date you after her formal introduction to the society. But if you cannot get over your feelings for your former chief-of-staff upon meeting her, I suggest that you become honest about it. It's not a character of a Lucero to force himself or herself to someone who doesn't want him or her in return."

James promised, "Don't worry, buddy. I won't do anything foul."

May 31, 2014. Saturday. 7 PM

In the grand ballroom of Palais Isabelle, in front of their relatives, friends and business colleagues, Don George and Doña Mariana Lucero formally introduced their daughter to the society.