CHAPTER NINE

CHAPTER NINE

After the Storm

The scam had already been settled. The Executive Vice President for Finance and his culprits had been found guilty by the court. The court ordered that they returned all the money they had stolen from the company. The 5 % shares of the EVP for Finance had also been put up for sale to any of the shareholder. Don George as the major shareholder was top priority for the sale. Georgina asked his father to buy it using the money she got from her trust fund. Don George bought it and put it under his daughter's name.

Georgina's attackers at the hotel had also been found guilty and sentenced to seven years imprisonment.

July 1, 2014. Tuesday. For the first time, Georgina had come out of their mansion to attend the turnover ceremony for the leadership of MPC from her father to her brother. The rest of the Luceros went home to Filipinas to attend it. Other shareholders were also there to witness the event.

After lunch at Palais Isabelle in one of its function room with all the Luceros, the shareholders, and the top executives, Georgina went to Zenith Tower for the signing of her lease for the office space she wanted along with security mean which was composed of the head (a bulky-built man), her lady bodyguard (a well-muscled woman), and five other members. The head and the lady bodyguard were her close-in security personnel while the five other men where in-charge of: securing the area before she could come out; warding off media personnel and other people; and providing added shield if ever there would be an attack.

After signing the contract and telling the renovation team of Zenith Tower for the layout she wanted for two-floor office space, she left the building when her security team approved of it already.

Just as they were a hundred-meter away from the gate of Lucero Mansion, the SUV, where Georgina the head of the security team, and the lady bodyguard were riding, had been showered with bullets by several armed men who were hiding behind a vehicle at the other side of the road.

Because of the security features of the SUV, her chief security officer was still able to continue driving the car. Her lady bodyguard shielded Georgina's whole body with a bullet-proof cloak just to make sure even if the SUV was bullet-proofed.

The other five members of the security team following them with another car, came out of the car, used the car as a shield, and fired at the armed men who were attacking from a distance.

When the SUV had safely entered the gate of Lucero Mansion, the attackers had already retreated and rode their get-away vehicle. They were able to get the plate number of the vehicle.

Georgina's parents were already at the mansion by that time, they were so tensed when they heard sounds of shooting from a far. Just as Don George was about to talk to the head of the security at the mansion, the man told him that they received a call from Georgina's head of security for an SOS, and that he already deployed some of his men.

When the bullet-damaged SUV of her daughter came in sight as the gate of the mansion opened, he rushed to the vehicle and opened the passenger door. He saw her daughter so frightened.

He hugged his daughter tightly as she cried, "Dad, we were attacked."

"You're safe now, princess. Let's go inside." He escorted her still-shaken daughter inside the mansion. His wife Mariana and his sisters had all escorted Georgina up to her bedroom to pacify her.

George then went outside again to interview the head of Georgina's security team. The other five members were there already as well. The details had been relayed to him. He commended all of them for a job well done.