Hot Chocolate Smile

Mika was sitting in a pretty basic bar. It was in a part of New York City that the slicks usually hang out. Yuu also worked there, but Mika didn't notice. He sat at the bar counter and had his hands in his lap. He was waiting for his date. It was 8 o'clock in the morning and it had been a half hour since the time they were supposed to meet up. Mika kept glancing at his phone, the clock, and the door for signs of his date's arrival.

*****

Yuu hated seeing Mika like this. Mika looked so anxious and down it was upsetting. It had been a month since Mikaela moved in across the apartment from him. He already knew the blonde's routine. At Seven in the morning Mikaela would walk to Starbucks and get two Frappes for him and Yuu. Yuu would always complain and say he didn't have money to pay him back, but Mika always did this. They'd hang out and talk for about an hour before Mikaela had to go to his campus for a few hours. In that time Yuu would basically do what any normal person without a guardian there would do. RAMEN ALL DAY! at 12 o'clock in the afternoon, Mika would go to his apartment and take another bath that day. He'd get back into his clothes and make himself lunch. He'd usually end up making too much and give a portion to Yuu. After lunch Mika would leave again for campus until 3 or 4 o'clock. He'd come home, grab a snack, change into his work clothes, and take the bus to his part time job which was at a library. Yeah, Yuu knew all of the routines for the week days, but when weekends came, Mika usually just hung out with Yuu.

*****

Back to the current topic: The clock just turned 9 o'clock A.M. It was pretty obvious that Mika had gotten stood up. Mika's smile had completely disappeared, and he was then staring at his hands, feelings sad, disappointed, and slightly angry. He had thought that this guy would be different, but he wasn't. All his other dates had either broke up with him or stood him up with the same reasoning: "You're too close with your neighbor." Mika would just brush it off every time, because Yuu was his best friend. Nothing could change that.

Yuu sighed as he saw Mika's face slowly sink into sadness. He probably got stood up again... He thought. He grinned, having an idea to help Mika with his broken spirits. He walked into the kitchen and requested a small plate of cookies and a cup of hot chocolate for a very special person to him was in order. The chef nodded with a wink and got right on it.

*****

Mika was about to leave until he felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked back and was tugged to his seat again. He softly smiled seeing that it was Yuu. He saw the hot chocolate and cookies. It was December, so Christmas was around every corner. The hot chocolate was overflowing with whipped cream, a marshmallow on top, a candy cane stuck in it, and gingerbread cookie bits were scattered on the top. The cookies were Christmas tree shaped and had green icing with red candy balls on it for decor. "Yuu-chan.. why?" Mikaela asked with a faint blush on his cheeks.

"Because my dear Mika was stood up, naturally I have to take the poor bastard who stood you up's place." Yuu answered with a smirk on his face.

Mika giggled and took a sip of the hot cocoa, his spirits becoming happier now that he had Yuu next to him. He placed the cup down and smiled at Yuu. Yuu laughed, Mika had whipped cream on his lips. Mikaela pouted and licked his lips clean before laughing along with Yuu. 

*****

It was about 1 o'clock P.M. before Yuu's boss kicked them out to have fun. They were honestly feeling quite happy and content. Yuu lead Mika to his apartment and started making hot chocolate from the Swiss packets he had in his cupboard. When he finally had the cocoa made, he walked over to Mika and sat beside him. He handed Mika his cup and took a sip from his own. Mika took a sip of his hot cocoa and a smile formed on his face. This smile would be one of Yuu's favorites. A Hot Chocolate Smile.