Awkward First Kiss

Mikaela was in a state on confusion and anxiety. Days happened after his date standing him up incident and he had this realization.

He liked Yuichirou. Like, more than like.

Like, like a lot.

His poor face burned a bright red at the thoughts and he whined, shoving his face in his pillow. He didn't even know if Yuu was bi or gay?! He had seen him go on dates with girls before, but never guys.

The blonde sighed softly. Yuu knew that Mika was gay. But every time he got stood up. Yuu never had that problem though, he was always the one breaking it off.

There was a knock on the door. It was almost midnight. Almost New Years.

Mika stood up and dusted off his pants before opening the door. "Yuu-chan!" His voice chirped.

Yuu grinned and held up a pair of glasses that were in the shape of 2018. "Wanna pair with me?" He held up ones that were shaped 2017.

Weird numbers for glasses.

Mikaela blushed before smiling. "Sure..." He murmured and gently put the glasses on.

They walked to Yuu's apartment and turned on the tv. Awful pop music was blaring from the tv's speakers and Mika could help but laugh at Yuu's renditions.

Yuu smiled at Mika and his expression softened. The news anchor blared, "Countdown!"

"10!"

Mika looked at Yuu.

"9!....8!"

Yuu looked at Mika.

"7!...6!...5!"

"So..." Yuu murmured.

"4!...3!...2!..."

Mika smiled, "Kiss me."

"1! Happy new year!!!"

Yuu pressed his lips to Mika's.

They kissed.... Until their glasses got tangled up and they almost busted their lips of the plastic.

They were left a giggly mess. Their first awkward kiss.