Chapter 1

'Note to self: Never accept an offer to go to an orphanage ever again,' you thought to yourself. The food was gross and basically a pile of slop, there were only children's colouring-in books and an old computer to keep yourself entertained, not to mention the extremely annoying 4-10 year olds.

You being the oldest by 3 years, the closest you had to a friend was a 9 year old boy (turning 10 in a month), the only boy in the orphanage by the name of Clancy, who was the only child in here who wasn't constantly screaming across the place and annoying you. Ruby was the worst of them, at 10 years old thinking she could boss around everyone, even yourself. Practically every time you log yourself onto the slow computer she tells you to get off as she had some 'Very important people to email', also known as her friends, who are blimming annoying, though you still didn't get off of it. When you weren't on the computer you were sat on the sofa in the lounge, your headphones plugged in either watching YouTube, checking up on social media or reading.

It had been 3 months since you had moved into the orphanage, and you were getting sick and tired of all the children screaming in your ears to get your attention while watching a new KickThePj, Danisnotonfire or AmazingPhil video.

One night one of the 3 care workers that worked at the orphanage announced at dinner (that night meal consisted of the usual, slop) that there was going to be someone coming in the following morning around 9:30am to look for someone to adopt one of us. Everyone squirmed in excitement, except for yourself. You knew that no one would ever want an anti-social 13-year-old.

{Timeskip}

Even though you didn't want to interact with this new human, you woke up early so you could have a nice warm shower and use the last of the raspberry kiss body wash. You tied your hair back in a high ponytail, and got changed into a black singlet and put on your Dan and Phil hair sweater. It was cold, but you liked wearing just a singlet under the sweater because it was more comfortable than a t-shirt.

You put on your teal headband, and put your purple earrings in that matched perfectly with the headband, and grabbed your phone before setting off towards the usual route, the lounge. You sat on the brown sofa and immediately saw a new KickThePJ video had been uploaded in your notifications.

You sighed as you realised you left your headphones in your bedroom and grumpily trudged back through the hallway and into your bedroom. You grabbed the headphones (which you had custom made to have a lion on one side and a llama on the other when you were 10) and went into the lounge and once again, sat on the sofa. You swiped the notification and entered your passcode into your phone (which is Daniel, 326435) and watched the video simply titled: 'My New Home'.

The video was about how Pj had decided to move to London to be closer to his two best friends, Dan and Phil, also revealing that Dan and Phil's neighbours had moved out and Pj had moved into the spare flat next to the pair! You squealed in excitement for him, and he also announced how there was going to be a new video within the next 2-3 days announcing something very exciting to 'you guys', meaning the audience. He also showed that Chris was staying for a month, so you could expect a Fantastic Foursome video or two coming soon.

You couldn't believe it, and there were (obviously) going to be so many collabs with Dan and Phil now! After you had gotten over the excitement (you loved collabs between Phil, Dan and Pj) and had regained your composure, you headed into the depths of Tumblr. Sure enough, Pj had tumbled about his new video, adding some sort of stupidly creative inspirational quote that had nothing to do with the video below the link.

You giggled, you absolutely loved Pj's random quotes, they simply made no sense yet made so much sense all at the same time. You saw that Dan had reblogged Pj's post, telling all his followers to watch it, as it should be quite exciting even if they are not subscribed to Pj.

You checked the time on your phone, sighing as you realised there was about another hour until the guest arrived. You decided to have a look at Twitter, and noticed that Pj had tweeted another random quote, and giggled again as it was even dumber and made even more and less sense (at the same time) than the one on tumblr.

You decided to have a PINOF marathon and then watch a bunch of Pj videos, all of them creative and not once disappointing you. Time suddenly flew by and all of a sudden the bossiest of the care workers stormed into the lounge, announcing that the guest could be here any minute.

She screamed at the girls (and boy), "YOU BE ON YOUR BEST BEHAVIOUR. I DON'T WANT HIM GOING HOME WITHOUT A CHILD. ACT CUTE, ACT QUIRKY, DO ANYTHING TO MAKE HIM LIKE YOU!"

"Shutup, Sara." You mumbled under your breath, still looking at your phone.

You sat there until the door swung open, then you moved into a different position, facing the back of the sofa. You moved your hands so your phone was in your lap and rested your forehead against the part of the sofa you would usually rest your back on, because you didn't really feel like any interaction with the guest at this time.

After about an hour, Sara (finally) walked past you, talking away to the guest, gesturing to you and saying,

"This is Y/N," You didn't bother looking up from your phone, liking Pj's tweet because you forgot to earlier. You tried to come up with an even dumber inspirational quote to reply with, but you had nothing.

"Hello there, Y/N," the voice sounded vaguely familiar, accent and politeness somewhat recognisable to you, but you still didn't bother looking up or replying. You were about to have another marathon of Pj's videos before the man behind you interrupted your video choosing process. "Are you a Tiny Planet Explorer, Y/N?" suddenly it all clicked, the familiar voice, the accent, the politeness. You turned around suddenly, feeling heat crawling up your cheeks as you realised who it was.