02; acting innocent

"Woman?" She chuckled. "Is that meant to insult me? I would return the slap, if I took you for a man."

― George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

➳ ➳ ➳

"SO WE HAVE TO GET TO THERE?" NAOMI ASKED, PLACING HER FINGER ON THE MAP. "And we're here."

"Yes," Clarke said.

"Well fuck. We need to leave now—or we're going to starve here."

Clarke tugged on the piece of cloth around her shoulder. "Stop moving." Naomi complied as she tugged the makeshift bandage into place.

"We don't even have any weapons. We have to make some. There could be wolves around, right?"

Clarke sighed in her ear. "There aren't meant to be any wolves in this area."

Naomi looked back at her. "Yeah, but it's been 97 years, who knows where animals have migrated to without humans here?"

Clarke rumbled gently in response.

"Oh, cool, a map," someone said behind them. Naomi turned her head to see a cute boy looking over Clarke's shoulder. "You got a bar in this town, I'll buy you a beer," he joked. Naomi gave an amused smile. Wells stood up and grabbed the boy by the shoulders, pushing him back.

"You mind?" he said.

"Hey, Wells, settle down," Naomi said, craning her neck around Clarke's hair. The boy made a face.

"Hands off of him, he's with us."

Naomi did a double-take at the gang of at least nine boys stalking towards them, the leader a short boy with slick hair and a busted nose. Naomi twisted her lips into an exasperated frown. Well if it wasn't the trash prince.

"Leave him alone, Murphy," Naomi growled.

Murphy turned towards Naomi. "Loosen up, Dove."

Naomi blinked and tilted her head, raising her eyebrows. "Dove? Really, Murphy?"

"I saw you fall out of that tree: that was pretty graceful. You're acting all innocent right now, Dove, but I know what you are."

Naomi got to her feet and crunched her knuckles into fists. "Acting pure and innocent my ass, Murphy," Naomi said. "Now shut your mouth before I round-kick yours." He gave her a look. "And don't call me Dove."

"Sure thing, Dove." She tilted her head, giving him a warning look as her lip curled up at the side slightly.

Wells raised his hands at the boys. "We're just trying to figure out where we are."

The boy with the goggles moved out of the way of the gang and came to stand beside Naomi with his friend, a small Asian boy.

"We're on the ground—that not good enough for you?" Bellamy exclaimed from across the clearing.

"Stop it, Bell," Naomi accused with a pointed look.

Wells shook his head and began to stride over to Bellamy. "We need to find Mount Weather. You heard my father's message, that has to be our first priority."

Ah, god Wells, don't bring your father into this, Naomi hissed in her head, following him.

"Screw your father," Octavia said. "What, you think you're in charge here? You and... your little princess?"