33; dusk

"When did the future switch from being a promise to being a threat?"

― Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters

➳ ➳ ➳

"SO FINN AND CLARKE ARE MISSING NOW?" NAOMI CROSSED HER ARMS AND SHOOK HER HEAD. "You're kidding me."

"We sent groups out on hunting trips. It seems that the grounders were waiting for them," Bellamy said.

Naomi stood up and move to look outside the gates. The forest was empty and quiet, a soft wind blowing through the trees. The other hunting parties had been brought back in, and now paced inside the walls.

"Why don't we send the Grounder Bitch to lure them out? I'm sure she can figure out some sort of agreement!"

Noe rolled her eyes at the snarls, straightening herself. There was no movement from the tree-line. Naomi turned to the commotion. "You want to fight me?" she asked. There was a resounding silence as she drew her sword. Eyes darted over her but no one made a move to step forward. "Good. Now, it was just them taken?" she asked Bellamy.

"Yeah," snapped Raven. "Are we going to help them or what?"

Naomi narrowed her eyes at the older girl. "If they left Myles to die then clearly they wanted Clarke and Finn. My guess is they saw them as leaders on the bridge."

"Who did?"

"Anya," Naomi said. "So. They're either going to use them as bait for us or kill them and get them over with. That shooting started a war which we can't win," she sighed. "But if Anya took them, she obviously wants them for something." Naomi put her head in her hands.    "Okay, let's take this into the drop-ship. Raven, you too." The group of somewhat-leaders moved into the ship. Bellamy took a seat next to one of the tables while Naomi stood in the middle.

"We have to get them back," Raven said. She was looking at Naomi with determined eyes, as if hoping she could do it.

Naomi nodded. "Yes," she said. She put her fingers up to her mouth in thought. She leaned against the table, pressing her knee against it. She wound her hands in her hair.

Bellamy shook his head. "If we don't find them now—they're dead. We don't have enough shooters to send out. We should never have—"

"Right, and what were you doing during the night when they were meant to be returning?" Naomi asked Bellamy.

He shook his head, tapping on the table next to him. There was silence for a moment. "I was..." His words dropped off.

Naomi raised her hands in the air. "Great, you were fucking some girl. Which is why we're only just hearing about how our friends have been captured."

Bellamy stood abruptly, almost knocking the chair over. "Those are your people out there!" His hand jolted towards the direction of the forest. "And what were you doing, anyway?"

She curled up her lip. "I was hunting," she said. "I didn't need a group so they trusted me on my own. Have a little faith, Bellamy." She then slumped into a chair, burying her head in her hands. "This leader stuff is hard—I don't know how you do it. We might never get Clarke and Finn back. We might get their bodies..."

"You're losing faith in the grounders?"

"No," she corrected, looking up at Bellamy. "No way. I just have no faith in Anya. And she doesn't trust me."