Chapter Seven: The Ordinary Life

Boring. Simple. Ordinary.

That's how my life was going, it was good I mean I had nothing to be stressed over and my life was stable but maybe I just didn't like ordinary. Of course I didn't like ordinary, who wants ordinary when you could have extraordinary?

It made me laugh though because I had no idea how my life would ever be extraordinary.

My life had always been the same, a mother, a mothers best friend who was like my dad and Caroline, my best friend.

Caroline was the only thing that made my life interesting these days and right now she was doing just that.

We were in her bedroom, her pink, fluffy, sparkly bedroom and we were watching a horror movie. Or well we were watching the horror movie until ten minutes ago when we both had decided it was more of a comedy than a horror.

"I can't stop laughing!" Caroline laughed between each word. I couldn't even string a sentence together; I was laughing that much.

"How anyone could call this a horror movie, I have no idea," I said after I'd calmed down.

Just then the murderer came to the door as a pizza delivery man and the women who he was going to kill next took the pizza and slammed the door on his face. Right on his face. You could see him stagger back from the force. That set me off laughing again.

After we had both calmed down, Care went on her phone and I knew without a doubt that if I didn't join her on her phone, I'd lose my friend for the rest of the night.

We were looking down Caroline's Instagram news feed, which I had to admit was extremely funny and interesting.

One picture was of a pizza that had my mouth watering: one picture was of a happy couple looking into each other's eyes: one was a picture of someone's cat.

When we saw the pizza, we had both looked at each other and said that we wanted pizza at the same time and the next thing you knew we were both broke and were awaiting a delicious pizza.

When we saw the happy couple we looked at each other and laughed. We hated both of the people in the "couple" and they were only together because they believed they could use each other - in every way - to get more popular. A ridiculous thought.

"You know we were just sitting in class and all of a sudden I could hear people saying they'd finally had sex, like I thought they had before because their tongues were always down each other's throat but now it's official," she turned to look at me, she lifted her chin and in a extremely posh voice, "They are sexual deviants," all she needed now was a tiara and she might as well be a princess. She was laughing at her own joke and it was incredibly cute.

"I can't believe that Care, they had sex months ago," but who knew, right?

"No honestly, I heard all the details. Apparently she was on-"

"Blah blah blah, I can't hear you!" I stuck my fingers in my ears and stuck my tongue out at her because honestly? I didn't want to know someone's sexual activities.

Care was still trying to get me to listen by moving my fingers and talking loudly but I wasn't giving in. The next thing I knew she was tickling me and I was on the floor laughing, putting my hands on her, trying to get her to get off of me but I knew what was going to happen.

She was tickling my sides and under my chin but then she went for my shoulder - my weak point - and that was it. I was a goner. She'd found my weak point when she first tickled me and I am an absolute wreck when she uses my weak point against me.

"Okay okay, I surrender!" I say between breaths.

"Wait what was that? I didn't hear you," she was torturing me, oh dear god.