I. Sex

'And this is how it starts... '
Sex - the 1975

She sat quietly on her high chair behind her canvas, staring at the naked man in front of her. Nina wanted to find something she could accentuate, something rare and intriguing. Sadly, the man was just an ordinary model with nothing worth telling, no individuality. His toned biceps were too ripped and his romp wasn't long enough, making the man fail at having those mouthwatering lean hips.

How could people who studied Art, ergo studied beauty in particular, create good work if they had to work with models who weren't even symmetrically built?

It was a worthless task, Nina concluded.

She gazed at her left side and noticed a vacant spot. She wondered who was missing today, but felt too lazy to actually count and rule out all the students who didn't bother to attend class. If only she could skip class like they did just this once, then she could finally catch up on some much needed sleep instead of finishing this ridiculous task.

Her mother, who was going through a rather heavy midlife-crisis, had kept Nina awake for several weeks. If it wasn't the loud late night phone calls with her best friend Maura, it was the crying. Yes, it was one of those crises where her mother claimed she finally could experience freedom after deciding to call her marriage quit. She was still very much in love with a charming and rather handsome Frenchman, Nina's father. But of course, being the woman her mother was, she didn't want to admit it to herself.

Nina's train of thoughts was interrupted by a loud clearing of a voice. She looked at her right and saw professor Bates standing with her arms crossed and staring at her blank canvas.

"Why haven't you drawn anything yet, Nina?" She asked with a surprisingly sweet voice.

Nina had been a student of the older woman for nearly two years now and never did Bates cease to amaze Nina with her knowledge of beauty and art. She stimulated and supported the girl's dream of studying in Paris next year. Yet there was only one thing still lacking. And Bates reminded her of it every single lesson until Nina's ears bled.

A lack of showing passion through her work.

"I can't find the right inspiration, professor. There's nothing special about this model." Mrs. Bates lifted her brows at the outspoken opinion of the young student she deeply cared for.

"Well try harder, Nina, I will be expecting at least a dot on that canvas." Nina smiled at her words and nodded.

At that moment, the door swung open and through the doorway appeared a young man with long, curly hair and striking green eyes. He scanned the room quickly, looking for an empty spot. Once he had found one, he headed over to it and cursed lowly once he spotted the professor standing right next to him, talking to a girl with blond hair and dark brown eyes.

"It's such a pleasure to finally honour us all with your presence, Mr Styles." Bates turned around and made her stereotypical movement, the infamous eyebrow lift.

"The pleasure is all mine." He cheekily said with a smirk.

Harry unpacked all his necessary belongings and looked at the model. He wondered why on earth Mrs Bates chose such an ordinary and impersonal guy, even he himself would be more interesting than the guy sitting in front of him - buck naked. He swiftly gazed at the girl next to him who was looking at the model the same way he was. Uninterested and unimpressed, which made him smile. At least there was still one girl in this classroom who had some taste in men and wasn't just staring and drooling.