III. Need you tonight

'So slide over here and give me a moment. You're moves are so raw, I've got to let you know. You're one of my kind. I need you tonight, cause I'm not sleeping. There's something about you girl that makes me sweat.'
Need you tonight - INXS

"I can't believe it happened to me again." Niall confessed to his best friend in the quaint coffee shop where Nina and himself always went after classes.

The 'almost brunette-boy' sat in front of Nina with his head in his hands and his elbows leaning on the small round table. He had finally heard about the thing between Harry and his new fling - after two weeks of ignorance. Nina felt so bad for him, even though she had warned him several times, she still hated to see him so sad. She reached her hand out and caressed his arm to comfort him. A little smile of gratefulness appeared on the boy's lips and he looked up at his friend.

"You're probably thinking I'm a complete idiot." He sighed. Nina was quick to react to his absurd conclusion.

"Niall, you know that's not true at all. I'm the last person who would think such a thing." She tried to be as gentle as she could, because she knew very well that in moments like these, gentleness was the only way to comfort him.

"But you warned me that I would get friend zoned!" He sighed once again, the desperation clear in his tone. "When am I finally going to learn to make a move right away and not wait until it's too late?"

"There, there Niall. It's not because there's a stupid rumor going on about those two, that it's necessarily true. Besides, I have it from good authority that they are in fact just friends." Nina said with determination. She crossed her arms over her chest.

"What do you mean?" Niall suddenly asked while straightening up from his slumped position in his chair. "Are you keeping vital information from me, StPierre?" The boy looked at his friend with an intense gaze which made Nina feel a little uncomfortable and a tad bit guilty.

"I was just about to tell you, wasn't I?" She defended herself with raised hands. "Anyway, Harry Styles told me himself."

"Since when does Harry Styles tell you things about his personal life?" Niall asked with wide eyes. "Scratch that last. Since when does Harry Styles tell you things, full stop." Nina rolled her eyes and wanted to avoid the subject of her dealings with the curly haired boy at all costs.

"That's beside the point." Nina felt the annoying feeling rise from the pit of her stomach. The feeling she always got whenever she thought of Harry for longer than two seconds. "The point is that he confirmed they were nothing." Nina enthusiastically cheered. Niall thought for a minute while taking a sip from his Americano. A frown took over his features when a new thought popped into his mind.

"Fine. Let's say they aren't dating. That means they still did something together. I mean, when there's smoke, there's fire." Nina nodded her head.

"Yes, but it's only physical then." She tried to give her friend some much needed confidence.

"And that's better how?" Niall asked in the most sassy voice he could muster. It made Nina giggle and almost choke on her herbal tea. The Irish boy laughed softly and apologized.

"Well, it means she might not have feelings for the lad and you still have a chance to woo her." Nina's smile widened once she saw the giant smile on her friend's face. "But you can't wait any longer. You have to make your intentions clear." Niall nodded with a now full blown grin on his handsome face.