IV. Everywhere

'Something's happening, happening to me. My friends say I'm acting peculiarly. Come on baby, we better make the start. You better make it soon before you break my heart. And I, I wanna be with you everywhere.'
Everywhere - Fleetwood Mac

Nina truly hated this.

She gazed up from her place in the back of the auditorium to the petite brunette seated a few rows in front of her, listening to the whispers of her friend Annie.

She truly hated talking to people she barely knew. Nina had always been exceedingly talented at hiding away in the back and becoming invisible. Or so she thought. Little did she know that even the most popular girls back in school envied her refined and distant ways.

She was simply too cool for school.

A dying breed.

But Nina had to be quick. The current situation had to be handled with speed, effectiveness and precision, like ripping a plaster of a wound. She had promised Niall she would do this for him. In normal circumstances, she wouldn't be the one asking to go clubbing, no, she would be the one forced to a club. Yet Niall had helped her through so much shitty misery, it was an obvious thing for her to step out of her comfort zone and do this.

The moment the bell rang through the walls of the academy, Nina shot up from her seat and quickly grabbed her book and pens. She slung her leather shoulder bag around her body and nearly forgot her black shearling jacket, last years' Parisian Christmas present from papa. When Nina neared Michelle, she took one last breath and dismissed all her principles for just this once with a determined nod of the head. She cleared her throat awkwardly.

"Hello, Michelle." The girl turned around and her eyes widened slightly, not expecting Nina StPierre of all people to voluntarily start a conversation with her.

"Oh, hi, Nina." She whipped her long hair behind her shoulder after bidding her friend goodbye, "What's up?"

"I, uh, I was just wondering. My friend Niall and I wanted to go to Roxy tonight. Care to join us?"

"I would say yes, but I'm already going to Carter Mason's party." Michelle informed her with a frown on her face, surprisingly showing Nina an earnest dissatisfaction with her evening plans.

Oh right, Nina forgot about that twat's weekly parties.

"But maybe you and Niall could come to his party too! Then we can meet up there." Michelle exclaimed with a new-found joy, which wasn't shared by Nina.

"But we don't have an invite." The blonde answered the brunette with an obvious lack of excitement.

"No one does." Michelle reassured her, "Besides, it would be nice to catch up, I haven't seen Niall in ages."

"Fine. We'll be there." Nina decided.

"Cool!" Michelle jumped in excitement and air kissed Nina before she left, "See you tonight, Nina."

Nina bid Michelle goodbye with a nonchalant lift of the hand, already dreading her own party plans while mumbling an annoyed 'Great.' Why did she even come up with the idea? She sighed and took her iPhone out of her bag. She searched through her contacts and when she found the number she was looking for she pressed call while walking out of the auditorium. On the third ring, a cheery Irish accent resonated through the phone.