{8}

Chapter 8
19 hours, 33 minutes

Asami's car pulled up outside of the warehouse. He was exhausted but he wouldn't be stopped now.

I'm almost there Akihito..wait just a little longer for me.

Checking his gun was out and ready to fire, Asami slowly exited the car. His brother and father followed him out and they met with Asami's men and the family physicians. Cautiously they all moved forward, guns drawn and aimed at the door.

One of the lesser men took the lead and opened the door. Checking to see that everything was all clear, he then made his way inside. Behind him, Suoh watched the shadows and doorways as they all made their way down a long hall. As they were about to reach the end, a door on their left opened. Suoh sprang forward and tackled the unsuspecting man, already clamping a hand around his mouth to prevent noise.

After a short struggle, and with Kirishima's aid, they brought the man to his feet and had him restrained with handcuffs and a gag in place. The man's face was pale and he was sweating profusely before he was finally brought toward Asami.

Asami's eyes narrowed as he further inspected the man in front of him.

"Kurosawa. How nice of you to greet us. Yamada, take him to the warehouse. I'll take care of him from there."

Asami and his men continued throughout the building then, searching each room to try and find Akihito. In the process they managed to capture the 9 of Matsumoto's men stationed in the building. Eight were taken to be shot outdoors, a warning to others who would try to get in on Asami's territory. The last, however, would receive special treatment.

"Asami-sama," Kirishima began while holding a bound and gagged man in front of his boss as an offering, "What would you like me to do with him?"

Asami recognized the man as the one who raped Akihito just hours ago.

"Take him to the dogs. I'm sure they're hungry."

"No! Asami! Please!"

The man screamed for mercy as he was dragged away once more.

There is no mercy for you. All of you will suffer.

—-

Akihito shivered violently as he struggled to keep his eyes open.

I'm so tired…he thought sluggishly. How long have I been here?

Akihito tried to lift his head to look out the window but the motion caused a pounding to reverberate through his skull and so he stopped. He wanted to sleep, needed to sleep, but the thought of his tormentors returning while he slept frightened him.

And what if I don't wake up? I refuse to let it end like this. Asami, you bastard, you'd better hurry before I haunt your ass as a ghost…

Akihito could've chuckled at his own thoughts if he had the energy. As it was, what came out sounded like a hoarse whimper.

Oh god…Ryuuichi…I just want to see you again. You promised you'd always protect me..please, you have to come…

Tears fell from Akihito's eyes for what felt like the hundredth time as he silently begged again for his lover to save him.

Akihito was just about to fall asleep again when he heard shouting from the hallway outside his room. He strained his ears but he couldn't make out any words, just noise. Suddenly there was gun shots from far away and then there was more shouting. It almost sounded like someone begging.

Please..please be Ryuuichi. Oh god, I can't take any more of this. I'm so cold..

Akihito strained once more in his restraints but it was no use. Just as he was falling forward to hang again, he heard footsteps right outside his door.

Akihito silently begged once more as someone tried to open the door…

—-

Asami came to the last door in the warehouse.

Akihito has to be here.

He tried to open the door but it was locked and he growled in frustration. Pulling out his gun he shot at the lock a couple times before it finally broke. He paused and took a deep breath, calming his features. If Akihito was behind this door, he would need to be strong for the both of them.

Pushing the door open slowly, Asami kept his gun in front of him.

"A-Asami," Akihito croaked.

"Akihito!" Asami locked his gun and returned it to the holster as he rushed forward. Behind him, the physicians raced forward and immediately began assessing the damage done to the young man.

"T-took you l-long enough, bastard," Akihito whispered out through chapped lips. Despite his words, there was a small smile on his lips and tears were falling from his eyes.

"I will always come for you Akihito. You are mine." Asami promised solemnly.

They stared in each other's eyes, trying to convey their shared hurt, love, and devotion before they were interrupted by one of the doctors.

"Asami-sama, we must get him down immediately. I'm afraid he will go in shock any moment. He's suffering from hypothermia, dehydration, blood-loss and countless other ailments. He must be brought to the hospital as soon as possible."

Asami nodded before ordering Suoh and Kirishima to get his lover down. He would not release his gaze from the boy.

Moments later they had Akihito down and wrapped securely in a blanket, cradled in Asami's arms. They rushed him to the car before setting off to the hospital where he would be taken to Asami's private section.

Akihito's head lay on Asami's chest as he listened to his strong heartbeat, willing his own to sound the same. He was just so tired..Akihito struggled to keep his eyes open but with the return of warmth it was growing harder and harder.

"Akihito…Akihito, keep your eyes open. Focus on me, you have to focus." Asami's voice was growing desperate. He did not just kill a dozen men to have his lover die in his arms.

"Akihito..Akihito!"

Akihito's eyes closed, despite his attempts to keep them open.

I'm sorry Ryuu…I'm so, so sorry….

20 hours, 13 minutes