Chapter 7

A/N: Finally, some action! It's also the Prologue!

Sophie got Lihn to the Healing Center just in time. Elwin rushed and got a bucket to her right before she vomited. "What happened?" Elwin asked, "She licked her DNA strip," Elwin shifted uncomfortably, Serves him right Sophie thought. After Lihn stopped vomiting, Elwin sent them back to class, handing Lihn a vial of medicine. All of a sudden, a shrieking bell voice echoed through the halls. Elwin grabbed Sophie, and they light leaped away.

They reappeared in a shinning lab with people in strangely familiar black cloaks rushing around. "Elwin...where are we?" Sophie asked with a sinking feeling in her stomach. Elwin didn't answer, and roughly yanked her down a dark hall. "Stay here," he said, shoving her into a dark room. Sophie stayed there for what seemed like forever. Finally, Elwin came back. "I've got her," he said in a  gruff voice, the door opened and Sophie gasped. Fintan's scarred face loomed over her, desperately Sophie tried to inflict on him and Fintan collapsed writhing on the ground. "Sophie no!" Fitz's voice cried out. Fitz? Sophie was so surprised that she stopped inflicting long enough for Elwin to jump forward and put a necklace of teal flowers over her neck, Sophie barley had time to think Dreamlilies before she fell asleep.

Sophie screamed in pain, the light tore her apart ripping her cells apart one by one. "STOP!" She heard someone scream "I command you to stop!" Immediately the pain stopped, leaving her feeling tired and empty. Sophie struggled to open her eyes "Keefe?" she asked "Sophie, it's me. I'm taking you where you'll be safe now." "Ok." Sophie felt her body being carried down some steps and she heard the clanging of a gate closing. She felt herself being put down on some soft sheets and someone murmuring "It's true," before everything went black.

Sophie groaned, she had just woken up from a terrible dream about - she opened her eyes and saw pristine white walls, she was lying on a small bed with white sheets, everything was white except for the metal black bars, through them she could see a blindingly white hall with a black and white symbol over it. Sophie squinted, it was the Neverseen, they had her. Sophie screamed.

Why would Elwin do this? Sophie thought Why? It seemed like everyone she trusted was betraying her these days. Sophie finally got out of bed and almost knocked over a tray with some strange vegetables and a jug of water. Sophie warily placed it by the door, she didn't put it past the Neverseen to poison it. Sophie carefully examined the bars, they where made of metal, and sounded hollow. Sophie smiled slyly, if the food and drink was really poisoned, it might erode the bars! Carefully, Sophie poured the 'water' on the bars and ended up getting her shoes soaking wet. Sophie yelped, it was cold! Quickly she poured off her shoes and threw them out of her cell.

Suddenly Alvar appeared in front of her, Sophie screamed and tried to step back and tripped. Strangely, even though Sophie had fallen, she didn't touch the ground. Something pulled Sophie to her feet. Finally, she noticed Ruy standing behind Alvar. He must have a shield around me. Sophie thought. Desperately she tried to inflict, but it wouldn't go through Ruy's shield. Ruy pulled her forward and down the hall. They entered the same lab that Sophie had been in yesterday when they had tortured her before Keefe saved her. Keefe, Sophie looked around Was he here? She saw a shadow in the corner and familiar ice blue eyes peeked out. Sophie reached out her conscious towards Keefe, her mind hit a turmoil of thoughts. Sophie couldn't make sense of it, Keefe's eyes widened. Suddenly a thought rang out Follow me, stay strong. You can fight it. What he meant by 'you can fight it' Sophie had no idea. They all waited for something. Sophie scanned the room, looking for a way to escape. The only entrance that she could see was the one they just went through. Narrowing her eyes, Sophie glared at the people in the room, committing their faces to memory. 

Suddenly a man with black hair and a pointed nose walked into the room. He was carrying a small device that looked suspiciously like a small mirror. "Shall we begin?" He asked in a nassaly voice, Alvar nodded and one of the cloaks lit a flame of balefire in his hand. Sophie screamed, were they going to burn her? Instead the pyrokinetic pointed the flames towards the mirror. Light shot out of it onto Sophie, and a strange calm swept over her, I think I'm going to walk over here, Sophie thought walking over to a blonde haired boy with ice blue eyes, "You can fight it Sophie," he whispered. Fight what? Sophie thought. Suddenly something clicked and Sophie was back to herself "What - what - what -" Sophie stuttered, not being able to make sense of what just happened. They can control me. Sophie thought The Neverseen can control me.

A/N MWUAHAHAHA! Now I see why Shannon likes those cliffhangers so much! Don't worry, it will all make sense soon! P.S. Sorry I had to make Elwin evil, he was mad because he didn't get paid more.