Chapter 8

A/N: WHOOP WHOOP! A new cover and chapter! Just for you guys! Also, I know I've been updating randomly, sorry about that! Another also, ONE HUNDRED VIEWS? YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!!! ❤️❤️ (even though some of them are mine, hehe).You may continue reading now . . . 

Stunned, Sophie stepped backwards. The man holding the mirror sneered, "Not so strong after all, birdie," Keefe stepped forward, "I'll take her back to her chambers," he was about to lead Sophie away when Fintan stopped him "Where do you think you're going?" he growled, Keefe sighed "Haven't I proven my loyalty already? Besides, I could have taken her to the Black Swan when she was experimented on yesterday, but I didn't," Fintan frowned "Fine, but Elwin is going with you," He turned to one of the figures standing by the exit "Right Elwin? We wouldn't want anyone getting hurt." Elwin nodded frantically "Come on Sophie," Keefe pulled her through the wall "How did you do that?" Sophie gasped "It's not actually a wall, just gel made to look like a wall," Elwin appeared silently behind her "Sophie, I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt you. But they made me - I couldn't . . ." Elwin gulped and stared off into the distance. Keefe nudged Sophie "Foster, read my thoughts," he whispered. Sophie nodded slightly and opened her mind to his.

Ditch Elwin at the bathroom and go through the back door, we can sneak to the War Room. Then we can grab the paper's, the cache, and Elwin's sweetheart. There's and evac button, press it and we're free. Sophie looked at Keefe, he looked towards a door with a pink circle on it. "Um, I think I need to use the restroom," Sophie said, hopping from one foot to the other. "You can use it at your cell," Keefe said gruffly "But I have to go RIGHT NOW!" "Fine, I'll escort you," Keefe whispered something to Elwin, who nodded and then he followed Sophie through the door. "Where's the door?" Sophie asked to Keefe, who was busy looking around "It's so clean in here," he whispered "KEEFE!" "Sorry, it's here, but first we have to get you a cloak," Keefe opened a closet grabbed a black cloak with the Neverseen patch on it. Reluctantly, Sophie put on the cloak. Keefe nodded and grabbed Sophie and pulled her through the wall, again. "Keefe," Sophie whispered "Why do you have a fake wall in the bathroom?" "In case the Black Swan ever find this place, we can escape immediately through 'solid' walls that they 'can't' go through," Keefe whispered back. They were in narrow hall with signs on the walls Keefe and Sophie rushed down the hall until they stopped above the sign 'War Room'. "Sophie, find a pendant that looks like this,"  Keefe held up a red crystal. Sophie searched through her cloak a pulled a similar one out of a hidden pocket. Keefe nodded and he and Sophie walked through the wall.

Straight into Fintan and the ogre king. They where talking animatedly and hadn't noticed Sophie and Keefe yet. Sophie and Keefe carefully snuck behind a large shelf. Sophie heart hammered with fear, Keefe grabbed her hand. Whether to comfort her or himself, she wasn't sure. Sophie couldn't hear the full conversation, but she could make out pieces of it

"The . . . Army"

"Humans . . ."

"Council . . . Revolution"

Suddenly the Ogre King stopped talking, "Someone is here,"  he said, sniffing the air, "I can assure you that you are secure," Said Fintan, sounding amused. The Ogre King glared "You dare defy me?" "Oh no!" Said Fintan hurriedly, "Rather the opposite! I just wanted to make sure you were positive." The Ogre King roared and stuck Fintan in the head and stormed through the door in the wall. Alarms immediately sounded and Sophie heard a roar of pain. "Sophie, we've got to go!" Keefe yelled, nodding Sophie ran out from behind her hiding spot and started searching for the cache. Sophie heard running and shouting coming closer. Finally, she found it and looked for Keefe. He was frantically pressing buttons on the wall. Finally, another secret door opened and a small elf with dark blue eyes and black hair stumbled out. Sophie heard a scream right by the entrance, and Elwin stumbled in, "Kiera!" he cried, rushing towards the elf Keefe had just freed. Keefe glanced around, "Guess it's time to go," and then he pushed the red button.

A/N: MWUAHAHAHA! ANOTHER cliff hanger. So...sorry about the chapter, not my best, I know. Funny story: Once there was a red button that I really wanted to know what it did - so guess what - I pressed it. Blah blah blah DRAMA blah blah blah Getting computer fixed blah blah blah. So the  moral of the story is, don't press the red button kids, it only ends with grief and misery.