Chapter 12

A/N: This WAS going the be a happy chapter...

Sophie looked around the meadow, there was no one there. "Where's Glitterbutt?" Keefe asked "I don't know," Sophie glanced at Keefe, he was scanning the meadow looking for Silveny. "Do you think that she told you the wrong place?" Keefe asked, Sophie frowned "Maybe. But I don't think so..." Suddenly, Sophie heard a small wimper from behind a bush. Sophie rushed over and gasped in horror.

Greyfell lay behind the bush, blood gushed out of his neck and his wing was twisted at a unnatural angle. "Oh my God!" Sophie fell to her knees, she heard Keefe gasp behind her. "We have to do something," "But what?" Keefe asked. Sophie strained her brain, thinking of all the human methods that she saw at all her visits to the hospital. Sophie quickly ripped off a piece of her cape, finally something they where good for. She quickly wrapped it around Greyfell's neck. She held out her home crystal, she put her hand on Greyfell and Keefe put a shaking hand on her shoulder. Light shone through and they leaped away.

Sophie, Greyfell, and Keefe arrived at Havenfield. Sophie heard Verdi roar and saw Grady trying to give her a bath. "HELP!" Sophie cried out, she saw Grady look over and heard a faint scream from somewhere near the house. Grady rushed over "Oh my God! What happened?" "I-I don't know," Sophie choked out "We need Elwin," Grady rushed off to hail him and Sophie saw Edaline sprinting over.

Edaline knelt at Greyfell's side, she quickly ripped off a piece of her cape and replaced the piece of Sophie's cape with hers. Sophie put a hand on Greyfell's side as Edaline fed him the elf's version of a painkiller. Sophie started inflicting happy feelings to Greyfell and felt him relax a little. Sophie was so focused on inflicting that she didn't notice Biana and Tam arrive until she heard a small sob from her shoulder. 

Sophie turned around and saw Biana crying onto Tam's shoulder. What happened? Tam's shadowhispered. We don't know. Sophie transmitted back. Suddenly Elwin appeared in front of them. He quickly pushed Sophie aside and started slowly peeling the-already blood soaked-makeshift bandage from Greyfell's neck while muttering under his breath the salves he would need. 

Sophie leaned into Keefe, sobbing, when Greyfell whinnied in pain as Elwin put a salve on his wound. She felt Keefe shaking in sobs beside her. It's going to be Ok. She transmitted to him, even though she wasn't sure if she even believed herself. "We should leave," Keefe said, Sophie looked at him in shock "Leave Greyfell?! But he's..." Sophie trailed off and Keefe hugged her, "Elwin always made us leave when you almost-died so he could concentrate. Plus, I don't think that the stress vibes you're sending out are helping," "You're right," Sophie sighed dedectedly and they made their way back to the house with Tam and Biana, leaning on each other the whole way. 

Keefe and Sophie entered the house and collasped on the floor. Mr. Forkle rushed over, his face creased in worry. He gasped, "The Neverseen did this," he whispered and Sophie relized that he had read her mind. How could they do something this horrible? Sophie wondered, she knew that the Nevereseen where evil, but this was a whole new level. She felt Keefe shaking next to her, It's not your fault, Keefe. She transmitted, she was NOT going to let his mind break again. 

Mr. Forkle sighed, "This leaves me no choice. Sophie, you must heal Prentice. Now," Sophie looked at Mr. Forkle, Are you sure that I'm ready? she transmitted Yes, Sophie. You can do this. Mr. Forkle transmitted back, his voice unusually kind. Sophie nodded and stood up, she looked at her friends. "You guys don't have to come with me. You can stay safe here," "Are you kidding me?" Dex stood up "Sophie, we're your friends. You're not going anywhere without us," Sophie smiled, she was grateful that she had such great friends "Are you sure? It's going to be dangerous," Keefe smirked "When has it never been dangerous, Foster?" Sophie sighed and turned to Mr. Forkle "Let's go heal Prentice!"

A/N: I was literally cackling writing this chapter. Please send help! And also don't hate me...that too...