Chapter 9

A/N: So I was going to have them escape via escape pod, but then I realized that elves probably didn't have escape pods. So then there was the writers block. Grrrr

A panel pulled back from the ceiling and sunlight shone through. The red crystal glowed red and they glittered away. They reappeared in a sparkly golden palace complete with a sparkly chandelier and a giant, glittering, fountain. "No, no, no," Keefe said banging his fist against the wall. Sophie took a closer look around and realized that they where in the Forbidden Cities. "Where are we Keefe?" Sophie whispered "The Neverseen's base," Keefe whispered back looking uncharacteristically scared. Sophie heard a group of people coming their way. "We have to hide!" Keefe hissed, frantically looking around, Sophie spotted a small door in the corner by the fountain. She pointed towards it and they sprinted in. 

They shut the door just in time as they heard the group pass by. "Isn't this place gorgeous, sweetie?" Sophie heard someone say, it didn't sound like something an elf would say. "I just can't believe that we got a tour for this place! And we get to meet the owners!" The voice squealed, they heard the group move away and they waited a couple of minutes before cracking open the door. "How do we get out of here?" Kiera asked Keefe shook his head hopelessly, "There's no way out. The exits are guarded and they have gates like Everglen's so you can't leap out," Sophie pulled out an eyelash, "There has to be something that we haven't thought about. What about the vents?" "What are vents?" Elwin asked Sophie looked around, there were no vents in sight "Darn you genius elves," she muttered. 

Finally, Sophie had an idea "Keefe, can we get to the roof?" Sophie asked, Keefe's eyes widened. "No Sophie! Dying is not the answer!" He shook her frantically, "I can't lose you!" "Teleportation, remember?" Sophie tapped her head. "Oh, right. Follow me," Keefe led them through a series of passageways and they stopped at some voices at the door. "What are they saying?" Sophie asked, Kiera pulled out a strange gadget and put it to the door, suddenly the voices rang out loud and clear

"-shouldn't know what she did,"

"I can assure you that they will not know,"

"Is Prentice doing...well?"

"Yes, he is actually-"

"Wait, someone is here," 

Sophie and her friends rushed into a janitor's closet just as the office door opened. Heavy boots walked by their hiding spot, they stopped in front of the door. Slowly the nob turned and Sophie held her breath "Brant, stop being paranoid, get back here before there's a real emergency," The boots clicked back and Sophie let out a breath. The office door closed and after a minute they crept out and up the stairs to the roof. "Ok guys, on three," Sophie looked around to make sure that everyone was holding on to one another "One, two-" "Wait Sophie, what are you doing?" Elwin asked "Oh, right. I forgot you guys have never teleported before," "This is going to be fun," Keefe muttered and Sophie started again "One, two, three!" Sophie and the others fell as Sophie concentrated for the pull in her gut. The sky ripped open and they dropped into Havenfield.

A/N: Whoop whoop! Another chapter finished! *does strange wiggly dance*