Chapter 2

Chapter Two

I left the busy airport bustling with people who seemed to have an agenda that acquired them to be mindless morons and get in my way every five seconds, to find a rental that wasn't outrageously pricey. Let me just tell you, my options on that subject matter was definitely limited. I drove through city traffic to sprawling farmlands (the farmlands were definitely pretty with all the greenery and hay bails but I could really live without the stench of manure creeping in through the air vents) and arrived at a motel about three hours away from home. It was small and kind of shabby, with the brown painted exterior that looked like a horse randomly decided to take a big shit right off the side of the road. But you know what that means don't you? It means its probably cheap!

Plus, I couldn't keep my eyes open enough to go any farther and wrecking the rental didn't seem to be a good Idea. Unfortunately there was no hot, hunky, naked massage guy waiting for me when I got to the little motel.

Damn.

I checked in, which, was a lot harder then I thought it would be. The reception dude wasn't at his desk so I had to ring the little bell thingy for about ten minutes before a big hairy old guy came to rent me a room. What is it with ugly people today? I mean first gargoyle now Hairy? People seriously need to get a grip on there outer appearance. I mean if I could do it you can do it too.

Anyway Hairy let me get a room that was outrageously priced, I might add. I mean really! This building looked like shit ( literally) and he's charging 85$ per night! If it wasn't the only motel around I would say screw that.

This scenario totally reminds me of the beginning of a horror movie. Crappy hotel, creepy guy, hot girl (me obviously!). Watch our good friend Hairy turn out to be on the television for most wanted. Oh! And maybe Gargoyle from the plane is his accomplice. They would look so good together, and they share a common fear of mirrors.

Soul mates.

After hairy gave me the key he disappeared into the back mumbling something about sleep. Ah, Hairy, I totally feel you. I need to catch up on my sleep too.

Walking out of the main building I noticed there was nobody else in the parking lot, the only car was my rental. Creepy!

When I got my key and found my room (which wasn't very hard to do since there were only five rooms in this joint) I assessed my sleeping quarters. I thankfully noted that there was no ax murderer, rapist, scary guys in general, Mr. Hairy or any creepy crawlies that would be sharing a room with me.

Win for me.

I checked the bed, making sure it was clean. Which, thankfully, it was, and fell on it ready to pass out. Shit! Gotta set my phone alarm.

I grabbed the phone off of the little night stand that was beside my bed and set the alarm on it. Okay phone alarm set for eleven tomorrow morning. Door is locked. Now I can finally pass out. Which I did, quickly.

…..........................

God, why was the world trying to punish me? What have I ever done to you world? I know I was daughter of the darkness there for a while but come on! This just seems like cruel and unusual punishment, which, correct me if I'm wrong, but is illegal here in the US of A?

Do you suffer from short term memory loss or something? I mean hello!! I transformed to Sunny-ville barbie for Christs sake! That totally cancels out all the dark gothic stuff, I swear!

As I mentally wage war on the world, I cracked open an eye. Blinding white light hit me. Ah, I forgot to shut the curtains last night.

Damn.