Chapter 6

Chapter six

Oh my goodness my head hurts.

Fuck.

My muscles ache.

Fuck.

I just want to crawl up under a rock and die.

So sleepy.

Gonna throw up.

Whew! Got to the toilet just in time.

Back to bed.

So sleepy.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

The incessant beeping of my phone wakes me up out of the cozy black oblivion that I was just emerged in. Blaahh! Why did I have to drink so much last night?

Totally not worth the headache I am sporting right now. Aspirin, Aspirin, where art thou Aspirin?

After I find the aspirin I get some water and take three of the magnificent little white pills.

After I take the aspirin I try to find the source of what causes my unfortunate wake up call. My phone lay there blinking saying I had I missed call. I listen to the message.

" Hello, Clara, this is Curt Montoya, I am the principle of

Jefferson Senior High School and I'm calling you to inform you that you

got the English teaching position you applied for. I would like you to

start tomorrow, the first day back from spring break. If you could just

come down to the school later tonight then that would be great.

The doors are open until eight. I'm here now so if you can give me a

call before six that would also be great. Thanks for your time and I hope

I have the pleasure of making your acquaintance this afternoon."

Wow, so formal.

Shite, I have this job.

I look over at the clock and realize its already past one. I hurry to get myself somewhat presentable so I don't look like a dumbass in front of my new boss. Cringe. Look how grown up I sound! Worrying about work and first impressions. Blah. Next I'll be wearing hideous "practical" shoes and "comfy" clothing. God, just give me wrinkles and gray hair now.

It takes me about forty minutes to get myself ready. I drive over to the high school. Take a dozen deep breaths, (Even though there not working!) and head inside.

The school looks almost exactly the same from when I graduated from it five years ago.

All the lockers are a faded dull blue, white-ish walls, bad florescent lighting. Everything was almost exactly the same.

My first stop is the office.

"Ms. Jackson?" A voice behind me asks.

I turn around and there's Mr. Montoya. Almost exactly the same also except way more wrinkles then when I was a senior. He had thick gray hair, always wore suits and had a very deep voice, kinda reminding me of a drill Sargent sometimes.

"Yes?"

"Pleasure to met you, I'm Mr. Montoya."

I know.

"Hi."

"Would you like too see where your room is?" He asks gesturing me down the hallway.

I have a pretty good Idea about where we are going. I mean I did have English in school, and I'm not too old to forget the layout of the school, but I agreed anyway

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

sorry its so short!

sooo tell me what you think! please please please! thanks guys!

Vote

Share

Comment

Thanks guys;)