Chapter 5

Chapter five...

It was after dinner when April, mom and I sat in the living room. I had just got done telling them all about my time in Europe and now April was telling us what happened to her English teacher Mrs. Roger, the day before spring break let out.

"She was yelling and screaming just because some guy was sleeping in class, which is pretty normal, but then she just stopped, fell down and had some kind of seizure. I was there and I was so scared I thought she was dying or something. Even though she was a horrible teacher I pray she recovers. Mr. Watson down at the hospital said that she had a stroke. I don't have any idea who is going to take her place, hopefully it will be Ms. Rim, she is so nice, and she goes to our church."

Wow, that must have been epic. I had Mrs. Rogers as my English teacher and she was a grade A bitch. Plus you always had to shout so she could hear you, she was about a hundred, even when I was in school.

Mom looks over at me and raises her eyebrows, "Clara got a degree in literature, if she were to apply I bet she could do it."

"Oh, hell no! High school was horrible when I was in it. I was the freaky girl!" I shout, shaking my head eyes wide. No, no, no. not gonna happen. I was the girl everyone said killed people and that all the girls made fun of. The one that jocks said they slept with (which none of them ever did. Untruthful bastards!) They also said I was into kinky and gross sexual play. (also not true!!)

Nope, high school was the worst time in my whole entire life. The only bright side was Beth, she was the only other goth and we became fast friends. We had to, even if it was just survive. But after awhile we connected, like we were twins separated at birth. She might have had a bad temper and anger management issues but she was a softy at heart. I remember, the first time we met, back when we were freshmen, she was staring at me and I asked her what she was looking at. She smiled and said, "nothing but a five cent ho," we were inseparable ever since.

Thinking about high school reminded me that I needed to call her and tell her I was back.

I got off the couch while mom and April were talking and retrieved my phone. I called Beth's cell but it said the number I was trying was disconnected. Hmm, guess I could try her home phone.

I called that and Beth's mom, Mrs. Shockley, answered. She was so happy to hear from me. She used to be like my second mom, I would always get up with her and help make breakfast every Sunday. She was the best. She informed me that Beth had an apartment in town and gave me the address and number. She also told me that I should come over for a visit. Catch up with her since she hadn't seen me in over three years, she also insinuated that it was all my fault that I should have come and visited her. As I hung up I made a mental note to appease her with a visit sometime this week.

I grabbed my keys off the table and told mom I was going to go visit Beth. She didn't really want me to since I just got home and all but she understood my need to see Beth. I drove to the apartment building and, although they weren't crappy or dirty, they weren't all that glamorous either.

That's when I saw two girls outside one apartment building screaming their heads off at each other. I slowly got out of my car.

"-you a favor! Its mine, you two faced skank. I let you in here and this is how you show me your appreciation?!? You are out!"

"Whatever, can I go and get my stuff? Or are you just going to pitch another hissy fit? My god Beth, grow up already!"

"You sorry son of a bitch! You better get out of here before I bash your face into the fucking concrete."

The one who said 'whatever' hightailed it to her car and sped away, almost taking out my car on the way. The one that did all the yelling took a deep breath and turned around, probably heading into her apartment. As she was going up the stairs she noticed me, just standing there like a creeper.