Chapter Six- What Nice Balls You Have

Thank you to everyone who comments on my chapters. You guys are the best. SO encouraging(:

Virginia to Florida actually shouldn't have been that long of a road trip. But we decided that since we were driving, we might as well hit some other states. That's why were previously in Louisiana. Now, we're in Florida and One Direction is in our hotel 'room'. I'm getting ahead of myself, aren't I? Let me back up.

"Elle. Elle. Elle. Elle. Elle." Tessa kept saying my name over and over while repeatedly shaking my knee. "Elle. Elle. Elle."

"What!" I grumpily mumble, slowly opening my eyelids and glaring at Tessa in my half asleep state.

"You need to get up. We're an hour out, and I'm pretty sure you don't want to meet your 'soul mate' looking like that." Tessa rolls her eyes as she says soul mate; she always found it extremely amusing when Mary Anne and I went on about how we were destined to be with our designated member of One Direction.

I immediately shoot right up. I probably have major bed head, and I haven't changed clothes in 24 hours. My vision is fuzzy since I'm wearing neither glasses nor contacts. I rub my hands over the seat, feeling for my glasses. A piece of thin plastic slips threw my fingers. Glasses. I grab them and put them on my face, immediately seeing the difference.

"We need to stop somewhere so we can shower. I feel smelly." I say, tapping Mary Anne on the shoulder as she maneuvers through some back roads in a quaint little suburb.

"One step ahead of you, Elle." Tessa smiles and uses one hand to hold up her YMC membership card. I slyly smile, turning my head to look out the window as I do so.

"I've never been to Florida." I say after a moment, noticing the unusually bright sun and the lush green...everything. Neither of the girls say anything, instead giving me a moment to absorb everything.

We pull into the YMCA parking lot, sliding in next to a beat up pick up truck. I open the car door and climb out, headed towards the trunk to grab the clothes and hygiene products that I need.

                                                                                * * *

"I feel so much more civilized." I breathe out, sinking into the passenger seat as smell of 10 different fresh fruits surrounds me. "We smell like a farmers market." I say, giving Tessa a teasing smile as she backs out of our parking space. I turn on the radio, cranking down my window a bit as I do. Emblem Three's new song blares through the speakers, causing us all to break out into song.

Me: In Florida, where 2?

Louis: Renaissance hotel. You reserved room 234, under name Georgia Rose

Me: Thanks. See you soon.

"Head to the Renaissance hotel." I say to Tessa, glancing up from my phone to her.

"I hope we're not paying for our room." Mary Anne amusingly puts in. I can hear the clicking of her blackberry keys as she types away.

"Why?" Tessa asks, shooting her a puzzled glance through the rear view mirror.

"Because it's a five star hotel."

I almost choked on my spit

"WHAT?!" I frantically say, whipping around in my seat to look at Mary Anne. My seatbelt digs into my side from the uncomfortable position.

"It is One Direction, darlin', what would you expect?" Her eyebrow spikes up as the corner of her mouth twitches upwards.

"I don't know! That we would be across the street, down the road, or in their tour bus?" My eyes dart all over the back of the car as I speak.