Chapter Nine- Keep It In Your Pants

*I was having writers block for this chapter, so someone told me to write down the first thing that came to mind. The first thing that came to mind was sex. I was talked out of them having sex. I'm so sorry, my lovely readers.*

I crept across the carpet on the balls of my feet. Slowly turning the knob and pulling the door open, I pray that it doesn't creek. I glance over my shoulder at the sleeping girls. Tessa was a light sleeper, so I was running a huge risk that she would wake up. Stepping into the hallway, I carefully close the door behind me. My bare feet pad against the plush hotel carpet. Taking the stairs in a relaxed fashion, I take a deep breath. I tug my hoodie up over my hair, while pulling down on my exercise shorts. The lady behind the counter gives me a quizzical glance as I get to the bottom of the stairs. I duck my head and continue walking, straight outside.

I need think time.

This isn't some secret rendezvous with Louis. It's just me needing to step away and breathe. I need to sort my feelings, my dreams, and just everything. I let out an audible sigh. I cautiously open the door leading to exotic outdoor pool. I slip inside, going against the rules. You're technically not supposed to be in the pool after 10. The gigantic grandfather clock tolls once from the lobby, its sound echoing throughout the first floor.

I walk to one of the lounge chairs, collapsing on it, I take a deep breath.

"I just don't know." I mumble under my breath, resting my head against the back of the chair. "I like him, but he's famous...and..." I let out a strange chuckle. "Wow, how strange does that sound." I shake my head and smile in the dark; I tilt my head up and focus on the stars.

Ha. What stars?

It doesn't even compare to Virginia.

A sharp pain pierces my stomach. Virginia makes me think of my grandparents. I miss my grandma's pizza casserole and my grandpa's homemade jelly. I miss how I would wake up every morning and my grandparents asked me to go into town and get the mail.

My hand plays with the iPhone sitting in my sweatshirt pocket. To bad they're so anti technology. No phones and no internet.

Crickets chirp in the surrounding wildlife. Hotel lights flicker on and off from rooms. The sounds of a drama show drift out from a room on the third floor. Somebody's giddy laughter ruptures the otherwise quiet evening air. The laughter reminded me of Charlie. She was always laughing, the happiest smile on her face as she sang and danced around the house. Isa would grumble, grab her computer, and move into her room. Aiden just chucked a pillow at her before returning to his video game. Harper would sit next to Aiden, transfixed by whatever lam-o violent game he was playing now. Braden would giggle and grab Charlie's hand, dancing around with her. The smell of dinner would waft from the kitchen into the living room, making my stomach growl as I worked on homework. Dad would come home and give mother a kiss on the lips, then continuing to give each of his children a kiss on the head. It didn't matter if he had to travel into the basement to find the boys and all the way upstairs to find Isa and me. I couldn't tell you the last time he came home from work and didn't give me a kiss. I pull out my iPhone and stare at it. I press a couple buttons and hold it to my ear. I lean forward over my knees and concentrate.

It rings a couple times and my hope plummets. I pull the phone away from my ear and hang up. I really thought Isa would answer. I figured that since it was summer, and she's staying with grandparents in Maine...I guess I just got my hopes up. My head falls back against the lounge chair as a stray tear slips down my cheek.

My phone starts vibrating in my pocket, causing me to nearly have a heart attack. I pull it out and quickly hit answer.

"What the hell was that?" Isa spits out. "Did you butt dial me in your sleep or something?" she hisses, causing me to break into a sob of happiness. Tears start streaming down my face as I hear my sister bitch me out. "Why are you crying?" she questions. I grab the sleeve of my hoodie and press it to my face. I curl up over my knees and smile through my tears.