Chapter Sixteen- Panic Attacks= Bad Introduction

*Sorry about no update for so long. I'm going to try and be better about it.* Comment, vote, fan, whatever floats your boat(:

“Look at the pretty fall leaves!” Vanessa squeals at a decibel nearly too high to hear.

            “Totally,” I mutter without glancing up as I pour over my art notes.

            “There are a bunch of hot guys walking by…” she teases.

            “Hmm,” I mumble, not really paying attention to anything she’s saying.

            “Have you ever had sex with a girl?”

            “Yeah, that’s great.” I absently respond as I attempt to memorize all the names of the artwork created by Claude Monet.

            “I hear vibrating dildos are a ton of fun.”

            “Fantastic,” I automatically reply as I write out the strange French spellings.

            “Would you like to have sex with me- like right now?”

            “Uh huh, sure.”

            “Have you heard a single word I’ve said in the last five minutes?” Vanessa finally exasperatedly questions. Finally I glance up at her in an irritated fashion.

            “Can’t you tell that I’m trying to study?”

            “Can’t you tell that I’m trying to have a conversation?” she shoots back, slowly losing patience.

            “Can’t you go play with your boy toy or something?” I snap, my lack of sleep, food, and basically everything else getting to me.

            “You need to pull yourself together.” Vanessa responds with, totally unfazed by my accidental bitch mode. Before I can respond, she continues with her much unwanted advice. “Why don’t we go buy you a Halloween costume?”

            “Halloween isn’t for like another month.” I grumble, closing my notebook as I stretch out on the bed.

            “Halloween is in two days.”

            I leap out of bed, grazing my head on the top bunk as I do so, and grab Vanessa’s shoulders.

            “What?”

            “Geez…” Vanessa chuckles, “Where have you been? Are you seriously that excited for Halloween?”

            I could honestly care less about Halloween, but the end of October being so close meant one thing. Louis. He would be home in just a couple days.

            “Please tell me this isn’t about that guy.” Vanessa rolls her eyes as she says the obvious excitement cover my features. “Ever since you two patched things up last month you’ve been a total love sick ditz.”

            “I have not been a love sick ditz!” I defensively add.

            “Yes. Yes you have. Trust me, I would know whose name you’ve been muttering in your sleep.”

            Well. That’s embarrassing.

            “Are we going to go Halloween shopping now?” Vanessa questions me, already grabbing her jacket and heading towards the door.