Chapter Thirteen- Cat fights and Sex Wounds

“How are you cooping with the breakup?” Tessa tentatively asks me.

“I don’t want to talk about it.” I reply, turning away from her and focusing my gaze out the window.

“Sweetheart,” she sighs; lifting on hand off the steering wheel, she rubs my arm. “It’s not good for you to keep your feelings pent up like this!”

“I said I don’t want to talk about it.” I repeat.

“We’re your best friends; you have to tell us how you feel!” Mary Anne interjects from the backseat.

“STOP ASKING ABOUT IT!” I scream, whirling around to glare at the hurt girl. She flinches away from my angry glare, averting her eyes out the window.

“Whoa. Calm down there.” Tessa says, warily glancing at me from the corner of her eye.

“I’m sorry.” I sheepishly mumble, “I didn’t mean to snap at you, Mary Anne.”

“Its alright.” She whispers, causing me to cringe. Mary Anne’s feelings get hurt really easily, sometimes it makes speaking your mind hard.

“It’s just hard, okay? I really liked him. I’ve dreamed about marrying him since the x-factor days! And now it’s all gone. Everything I’ve dreamed about, worked for…everything. It’s all gone.” my voice breaks as a single tear trickles down my cheek. “Oh great.” I laugh between the tears, “Now I’m going to cry.” and without a moment more of hesitation, that’s exactly what I did.

I cried.

And I cried.

And then I cried some more.

Tessa just drove while she and Mary Anne stayed silent. I ranted and screamed and cried and just let it all out.

Eventually the heartbroken sobs just turned into sniffles.

“Are you all done now?” Tessa questions, nervously glancing at me as we nearly fly down the highway, zigzagging between other cars at seemingly warp speed.

“For now." I respond, reaching into the backpack at my feet and pulling out a sketchbook.

“Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut…” Mary Anne begins singing the dreadful state song.

“Do-do-DO.” Tessa cheerfully adds, I just groan while trying to hide my smile.

“Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana…”

“Do-DO!”

“Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Main, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan…”

“Let’s not sing that song.” I quickly interrupt, stopping the duo before they continue any further into the annoying song.

“You’re no fun!” Tessa chirps from the driver’s seat. I laugh and gently nudge her. “Stop, don’t touch me there!” she giggles, flipping on the radio just as the rain starts to pour from the sky.

             “Its raining, it’s pouring, the old man is snoring…” I quietly begin humming under my breath. Rolling down my window, I stick my hand out the window.

            “He went to bed, bumped his head, and he didn’t get up in the morning.” Mary Anne quietly finishes from the backseat. Neither of us finding it the slightest bit odd that our back up singer was Justin Timberlake and his latest hit.