7

Sting's P.O.V

~~~

"Sting! Please, wait-"

I could hear Rogue yelling, trying to get me to stop, but his voice simply blurred into the rest.

I couldn't face him now.

I took a sharp turn down an empty hallway, tossing open the door to the nearest classroom.

I shut the door, pausing for a moment before it began to sink in.

Rogue was with someone else now.

He didn't feel the same way.

Everything I'd ever known wasn't real.

I slowly slid down the door, running my fingers through the now-tangled mess of blonde hair.

I honestly had no idea what to do.

I'd always just thought that whenever Lucy or Juvia got into a bad breakup, they were just being dramatic.

But now I realize just how much it hurts.

How much it breaks you down.

I literally felt as if my heart was torn out of my chest, and stomped into a million little pieces.

But I couldn't let it get the best of me.

Deep down, I knew it wasn't Rogue's fault that he didn't feel the same way.

I couldn't force him to like me.

It was my own fault for getting my hopes up all these years.

Even though I knew I'd never stop liking him, I had to keep going.

And with that, I took a deep, shaky, breath and opened the door.

~~~

Rogue's P.O.V

"Sting! Please, wait!"

I watched as he ignored me, keeping his head down and walking faster.

I wanted to run after him, but I couldn't.

Kagura still had an iron grip on my arm.

"Why do you even care about him? He's the new kid, he shouldn't just come up to you and run away."

I shook my head, turning to face her.

"No, I know him... We used to be friends when we were younger, but then he moved away..."

I felt a pang of sadness as I remembered all of our good memories. Riding bikes together, doing homework, watching the sunset...

Watching the sunset...

I smiled fondly, remembering our favorite past-time. Every summer evening, running out to the field and just watching the sun dip behind the mountains, and the moon beginning to glow in the inky-black sky.

I turned again, even though I knew Sting was long gone by now.

I really wish I would have followed him now...

"I really should get going Kagura, I'll see you at lunch."
I said quickly. She released my arm, but gave me a suspicious glare before finally turning to leave.

I rushed down the hallway, determined to find him.

I turned a corner, and suddenly my breath caught.

There he stood, only a few feet away. His eyes were slightly red and puffy, his platinum-blonde hair a mess. His eyes widened when he saw me, but neither of us said a word.

Finally, he spoke:

"You promised."

~~~

Hope you guys enjoyed that chapter!

I tried out a different style by adding in the P.O.Vs, do you guys think I should keep the first-person, or just write it like the other chapters?

(I also changed the chapters to just numbers because I thought that the titles were embarrassing ^^')

I originally planned on making this only about 10 chapters, but I thought of some more ideas to add so it'll probably be more like 20 ish :3

But anyways, thanks for reading, and I'll see u all in the next chapter! :)