10

Sting's P.O.V

- ♪ -

As I walked down the empty hallway to my next class, a small smile danced on my lips, knowing that Rogue and I had finally figured things out, and we could simply enjoy our time together now that we were reunited.

Well, sort of.

Of course, things would be rocky from here on out. Rogue still had to break it off with Kagura, which I could already tell would not be an easy task.

Not to mention the fact that we still had so much catching up to do, not only with Rogue but with all of my old friends as well. I'd be at least a week or so before things would go back to normal.

But the biggest problem would be my feelings.

Of course I knew that Rogue wanted to keep our relationship strictly platonic, but I couldn't help longing for him...

After being separate for so long, instead of my feelings slowly fading, they almost seemed to become stronger.

And at this point... I wasn't even sure if he felt the same.

All I knew was that this was going to be difficult.

I have a small sigh, running my hand through my spiky blonde hair.

I continued through the hallway, nervousness and anxiety filling my veins as I neared my classroom.

Up until this point, I'd been so wrapped up in my thoughts that I hadn't even thought about my consequences.

At this point I'd already missed two periods, and third period was already 3/4th of the way over anyways. I could just skip this class as well, and just go straight to 4th, but since this was my first day, I'd give off a bad reputation(if I didn't already).

But my biggest fear was that horrible moment of walking through the door and feeling everyone's eyes directly on you.

I shuddered at the thought, staring intensely at the door leading to my ultimate doom.

It's alright Sting... You'll be fine... Just don't be a complete idiot like Natsu and stub your toe on the end of a chair and get sent to the principal's office for screaming 'holy fuck balls'...

I couldn't help but chuckle at the memory as I took a shaky breath and opened the door.

"-and now you just divide the integ-"

I cringed as I felt all 32 pairs of eyes simultaneously landed on me. I gulped,  and slowly walked up front, where the teacher scowled at me from her place at the podium.

"I take it your Sting Dragneel, correct?"
(A/N: I changed his last name because him and Natsu are twins. So Wendy's last name is Dragneel as well. Just a heads up :) )

I nodded slowly, turning my head to look around the classroom a bit. As I scanned the desks filled with students, one in particular caught my eye.

'Rogue?! What's he doing here? I had no idea he was in my class... And how's he get here so fast?"

Our eyes met, and he gave a small smirk, as if to say Haha, you got here late while I (somehow) made it on time.

I scrunched up my nose and stuck out my tongue playfully at him, only to hear the teacher clearing her throat impatiently.

I blushed and turned around, avoiding her fierce glare.

"I'm assuming you don't have a pass, am I correct?"

I once again nodded, not really sure what to say. I couldn't really think of a decent excuse, so I just blurted out the first thing that came to my mind.

"I got lost in the bathroom."

There was a few moments of silence until the entire class burst out laughing. The teacher looked like she wanted to murder me, but she simply gave me a worksheet and pointed me to an empty desk.

On my way there, I glanced at Rogue who was pinching the bridge of his nose in irritation. I simply have him a goofy grin, to which he rolled his eyes and turned away, cheeks slightly pink.

I felt my cheeks warm up as well as I turned to the front of the room, attempting to drone out the whispering from behind me and actually pay attention.

It didn't work out for very long.

I felt myself begin to glance at Rogue more and more often, admiring the focused look in his eyes, and the way he tapped his pencil against his notebook while trying to figure out an example problem.

He just looked so... Attractive.

I loved the way his raven-black hair fell to his shoulders, covering one of his ruby-red eyes. I loved how he pulled it into a quick ponytail whenever he was focusing, as he was now. I loved how his eyes held all of his emotions, sparkling when he was happy or excited, or glittering with delicate tears when he was sad.

I loved everything about him.

But I felt my heart ache, knowing that he didn't feel the same.

- ♪ -

The long-awaited chapter 10 has arrived!!

I'm so so SO sorry for not updating sooner, by now you all probably know that I'm the queen of procrastination XD

But yeah, I hope this chapter makes up for it!! I tried to add lots of fluff, which will certainly be included in the next chapter(which I promise won't take 4 months to write lmao)

Anyways, if you enjoyed this chapter, please comment down below and leave a vote!! I appreciate every comment and vote ♡♡♡