『Chapter Six』

Ludwig's weight shifting on the bed was what woke you up, but you continued to lay there. He gave you a soft kiss on your forehead and walked off to get ready for the day. Once you were sure he was out of the room you shot up and looked around, everything seemed normal except a pile of nicely folded clothes sat on the edge of the bed. There was a note on them.

"Good morning liebe, these clothes are for you. Put them on, they are what you will need to wear today."

- Ludwig

You looked at the clothes "Outdoor clothes?" you held up the shirt, it was an (F/C) Button-down lightweight shirt that was perfect for doing anything outdoorsy, the material was breathable and looked as if it would be cool to wear even on hot days. You held up the pants, the same lightweight material in cargo-style pants. "We're going hiking aren't we." You smiled widely to yourself. You quickly got dressed into the new clothes and pulled your hiking boots on, but you accidentally kicked your belt under the bed, so you had to get down on your knees to get it. "What's that?" You saw a black box and pulled it out. "Should I open it?" You smirked. "Of course, I should." You opened the box only to be shocked at what you saw. "Oh, Ludwig you naughty boy." Your smirk grew. "I'm going to have fun with this later, but for now..." You grabbed your belt and pushed the box back under the bed. "Time to go hike!" You ran out of the room and down the stairs all the while fastening your knife to your belt.

When you got downstairs Ludwig has his back to you. 'Dat ass!' You thought to yourself, he was wearing similar clothing as you, and his ass just looked....well DAT ASS! "Vell guten morgen liebe." He turned to say. "Have you figured out vhat ve are doing today?" You gave him a big smile. "Are we going hiking?" "Kind of." He handed you a box that was wrapped like a present. "Open it." You took the present and pulled the ribbon off and then tore the paper.

You opened the box. "Oh, Ludwig." Inside the box were books, not just any books but Germany's wildlife books field guide sized so they were easy to carry on a hike and they were all in English for you.

Germany's birds
Germany's Trees, shrubs, and vines
Germany's aquatic life
Germany's reptiles and amphibians
Germany's wildflowers and grasses
Germany's mammals.

And.....A CAMERA!!!!
"This...this is amazing Ludwig...." You looked up at him and he gave you one of the sweetest smiles you have ever seen him give. "I'm glad you like it liebe, but zere is one more zing" He held out a new Camel Back, backpack for you to put the books in and to have water ready at hand. You set the box of books down and jumped onto him wrapping your arms and legs around him. "Thank you so much, Luddy!! I love all of this I'm so excited!!!" He chuckled and held you tight. "I'm glad you do." He set you down and you took the backpack from him to pack the book into. "When do we leave!?" You asked excitingly "Where are we going!?" You couldn't contain the excitement for too long. "Ve have to fill up out vater packs and zen ve are ready" He took the pack from you and took his own and filled them up with cold water "Now ve are ready".

[Time Skip]

The drive there was taking forever! "Are we there yet?" You asked for the millionth time. "Almost liebe, ve are getting close." Ludwig answered. You sighed and stared out the window some more. You had fallen asleep but woke up slightly when the car stopped. "Are we there?" You asked sleepily. "Ve are." Ludwig leaned over and gave you a quick kiss before you bolted out of the car. "DER SCHWARZE WALD" "What does that say?" You asked pointing to the German words before you. "The Black Forest." Ludwig answered as he got your and his backpacks out of the car and handed yours. 

Your face lit up. "REALLY!?" He smiled. "Ja really." You grabbed his hand and started to run into the trail opening. "Hold on liebe." He said opening his pack. "Ve have to make sure ve have everyzing before ve just run in zere." You rolled your eyes. "Ve have a first aid kit, extra vater bottles, powver bars, rope, knife, matches." "Are we doing survival training?" You asked half-joking. "Just making sure ve are safe." He closed his pack and slung it on his back on his shoulders. "Ready?" "What kind of question is that!?" You grabbed a hold of him again and ran into the entrance of the forest opening.