『Chapter Twelve』

Today was a bad day.....

Ludwig opened the front door, walked in, and closed it. "Gilbert? Vhat are you doing here?" He asked. "And vhere is (Y/N)?" "Keseseses she's been napping since I go here, not sure vhy." Gilbert said as took another swig of beer. "Napping? (Y/N) doesn't nap often, somezing must have happened today." Ludwig said skipping the offered beer from his brother and heading up the stairs to where you lay in the bed, you weren't actually asleep. You heard the door creak open and head Ludwig's not-so-quiet footsteps heading towards the bed. He sat on the edge next to you. "Liebe?" He asked quietly.

You groaned. "Vhat's ze matter?" "Nothing." You groaned. "It's not nozing, please tell me." He said moving some (H/C) hair from your face. You slowly sat up into a sitting position next to Ludwig "I don't have any friends." You said. "Vhat? Vhat about Japan and Italy?" Ludwig asked confused. "No not like that, I don't have any female friends." "O-Oh...." Was all Ludwig could say, he wasn't really sure how to handle a situation like this, in fact, he was hoping he would never have to... But being the good fiancée, he was he still tried... "Vell tell me vhat happened." He said smiling at you. You let out a sight. "Alright."

[Flashback]

You walked happily through town looking at all the shops, but one in particular... "Schneeweiser's Bridal." The sign said. You smiled and walked in. "Hello." One woman greeted. "Vhat can I do for you?" "I wanted to look at your bridal gowns." You answered with a smile. "Is zere any style you vere looking for in particular?" She asked. "Well, I'm not really sure I just wanted to look and maybe try some on." You answered.

The woman leads you to all the racks of dresses, short, long, strapless, poofy, slim, colored, all kinds. "I like this one, may I try it on?" You asked holding up one that caught your eye. "Of course." She said leading you to the dressing room. "I zink it looks great on you!" She said happily "Yeah it does!" You said agreeing and spinning in the mirror to see all angles. It hit the ground with an (F/C) sash around the middle, with half sleeves and not too poofy but still had a little body to it. "We can keep on hold for you if you like?" She said. "That would be great." You said changing back into your regular clothing, but this shopping day wasn't going to be this easy, you may have found your dress right away but the sales lady, with one question, made it all go downhill. "Are you interested in our selection of bride's maid dress?" She asked as she was placing the dress in holding. "B-Bride's maid?" You asked. "Yes, ve have a nice selection vith colors to match ze vones on your dress." "I umm...I don't have any bride's maids." You said.

She snickered a bit. "You can't be serious? No girlfriends you vant to be with you on your special day?" You shook your head no, a bit angry that she had the nerve to laugh at you. "Vell your vedding seems as if it's going to be boring, have fun planning a bachelorette party for vone." She giggled again. "You know vhat!" You said in a German accent, something that you now do when you are angry. "Fuck you and fuck your dresses!" And with that, you stormed out of the store and made your way back home.

Though you tried to forget it all, it depressed you and so when you got home you immediately flopped face-first onto the bed, just laying there... You heard Gilbert walk into the house announcing himself as "ZE AWESOME ME IS HERE! Hallo....? Anyone home........?" You didn't bother to acknowledge him...

[End Flashback]

Ludwig's jaw was just slightly open in shock, he couldn't believe that you actually got laughed at for not having bride's maids, it must have been a woman thing... "Liebe, I'm so sorry." He said softly bringing you into his arms in a tight hug and kissing your cheek. "Ve can have friends from back in America come to ze vedding if you vant, so you can have bride's maids." "Are you kidding me? I don't have any friends back at home." "V-Vhat?" Ludwig was shocked. "None at all?" "Nope." You said. Though you smiled anyway. "No one wanted to be friends with the General's daughter they were all too afraid of either him or me." "Vhat about ozer family?" He asked becoming more concerned.

"You mean my dad? He's my only family, well my only real family." The question Ludwig had been wanting to ask for so long.... "Vhat about your mutti?" "She left when I was about 4 or 5. I have no idea where she is, or if she's alive, or anything about her really." 'Vell zis is awkward..' Ludwig thought. "It's all alright though, I have Kiku and Feliciano, they can be my Bride's men." You said smiling at the idea.

Ludwig smiled at you as well. "If zat's vhat you vant." He chuckled a bit. "I really don't know why I let it all go to my head like that, and now I have to find another dress." You said flopping back down on the bed. "Take Italy vith you." Ludwig joked. "Oh, that'll be fun." You said sarcastically and rolled your eyes. "I'll think of something." "Don't overload yourself zough, I don't vant you to be stressed out over it." He said flopping down next to you. "I won't, I promise." You said rolling over to snuggle into him. "Let's go have some beer with Gil." You finally said. "I don't zink you should have any alcohol." Ludwig chuckled. "Hey! I can handle my alcohol just fine!" You pouted. "Ok, but not your liquor." "THAT'S IT! GET OUT THE SHOT GLASSES!!" You shouted to Gilbert as you were on your way down the stairs. "Kesesesesesese alright!" Gilbert shouted back. "NEIN!!!!!" Ludwig shouted running after you.

 "NEIN!!!!!" Ludwig shouted running after you