『Chapter Thirteen』

So, since the dress you found at that rude bridal store is no longer available, what did you decide to do? That's right, make one yourself....without telling Ludwig. "Goodbye Luddy, have a safe trip, and don't start any wars." You said kissing him as he walked towards the door. "Oh, haha." He laughed sarcastically and kissed you back ."You are funny liebe, I vill be alright." You chuckled. "I know, I'll see you on Monday." "Ich liebe dich." He said. "Ich liebe dick auch." You said back as he exited the house and made his way to the car, so he could go to a world meeting.

You waved as he drove off, and as soon as he was out of sight you gathered what you needed and headed to the craft and fabric store! A sewing machine, thread, all kinds of fabrics, scissors, a measuring tape, pins, and a pincushion, and a dress pattern that you liked, but you were going to modify it a little. "Zis is quite a lot of stuff." The lady behind the counter smiled. "A big project I see." "Yeah decided to make my own wedding dress." "Oh, my vell good luck!" She said happily. "Thank you!" You walked back home lugging all the stuff with you.

"Ahh home." You said plopping all the stuff to the floor as you walked through the door. "Time to get started." You started with measuring yourself, waist, bust, underbust, shoulder, arms, height, everything until you had all that you needed according to the dress pattern you had. You got to work with cutting and measuring the satin white fabric piecing it together with the pins and laying it out on the kitchen table (Which you had moved to the living room.) Piece by piece you sewed it together, and it took quite a while to get to this point.

The phone rang. It had to have been Ludwig telling you he was at the meeting. "Hello?" You answered. "Hallo liebe, I'm at ze meeting now just checking in." He said. "Good, now get to work I love you." He chuckled. "Ich Liebe Dich Auch, I vill." With that phone call ended you returned to your task at hand, your wedding dress. Pins pricking your fingers and the sewing machine at full blast, you didn't even realize that you had been doing this for 8 hours... You stood up and stretched loosening your tight muscles and stiff joints with a few pops and cracks of your back, neck, and knees. "Oh man, this isn't as hard as I thought it would be." You held up the part you had finished, the skirt part, the easiest part. It was almost done, a few small things here and there and would be perfect.

You made yourself a small dinner and clean up some of the scrap fabric off the floor before the living room got too destroyed by your mess. You sighed now bored, 8 hours is enough sewing for one day, so now what? Yep, a nice hot bath would be good for your muscles and joints.

[Time Skip]

Ludwig let out a deep sigh as the first meeting ended. He looked around, saw that America was engaged in a conversation with England and France, so he snuck away. "HEY GERMANY!" Well...he tried to sneak away.... He cringed from the sound of that voice calling his name. "Ja America?" "DID YOU PROPOSE TO HER YET!?" The whole room went quiet as all eyes were on Germany. "Ja, I did." Everyone gathered around him congratulating him and shaking his hand. Germany tried to slip away but was pulled back in by America. "I WILL HOST YOUR BACHELOR PARTY!" "VHAT!?" Ludwig shouted.

[Mini-Time Skip]

A rough night of sleeping without Ludwig only turned into a worse day while you were working on your dress... You sighed. "This is hard to do all by yourself..." You wanted to see the dress from another point of view, seeing it on yourself didn't help when you had to make adjustments or measurements, and having it laid out flat made it hard to comprehend what needed to be done. You flopped back onto the couch and groaned in frustration. "Hey, frau! Ze awesome me is here for Ludvig's beer!" Gilbert entered through the door and headed right for the kitchen.

Perfect timing. You shot up from the couch and headed to the kitchen. "Hey, Gilbert." You said sweetly. "Ja? Vhat do you vant?" "Can you help me for a minute?" "Vith vhat?" He said opening a bottle of beer. "Something I'm making." "Hey (Y/N)." Gilbert slurred his words. "I look awesome in zis dress!" "You do Gilbert, just hold still for a few more minutes." You smiled.

That's right, you got Gilbert drunk so he would wear the dress for you... "I'm so awesome! YOU ALREADY KNOW!" Gilbert sang. You couldn't help but laugh as you finished up what you needed to do. "Alright Gilbert, you can take the dress off now, and remember this is our little secret." Gilbert pouted but with your help, he slipped the dress off his head, so you could finish it. "I'm, I'm going to go lay down." Gilbert said as he made his way upstairs only to pass out on the stairs.....

You shrug your shoulders and continue working on the dress for the rest of the evening. Ludwig won't be happy that you broke into the liquor cabinet for this, but you could always 'blame' Gilbert for the whole thing, he isn't going to remember anything....

[Time Skip]

"Hey, Germany!" America shouted as Germany tried to leave. "Ja?" Ludwig said annoyed. "I just wanted to know how everything was going? You know, all the wedding plans and stuff." He smiled. "Vell, (Y/N) is having trouble finding a dress, but everything else is going fine as far as I know." Ludwig answered giving America a confused look. "Really? Having trouble finding a dress huh?... Hmmmm..." He thought. "Too bad she doesn't talk to her mom, she's a designer for rich people and celebrities in America."

"Vhat!?" Ludwig asked surprised. "Yeah, but I'm sure (Y/N) will figure it out, she's smart like that. Welp, SEE YOU LATER DUDE!" Ludwig stood there for a moment thinking, could he get a hold of your mother to see if he would be interested in making a dress of you? Or would that just screw up everything.....? It was a sensitive subject to ponder.

[Another Mini-Time Skip]

Your dress was half-finished, but it was time to store and hide it. Ludwig would be on his way home now... So, in the unused guest bedroom, you boxed everything up and stuffed it under the bed for hopeful safekeeping. You walked back down the stairs stepping over Gilbert trying not to disturb him as he slept...still. You had just finished cleaning and putting everything back into place and started dinner when the door opened. "Liebe, I'm home." You turned the corner from the kitchen to the living room. "Welcome home Luddy." You said greeting him with a kiss. "May I ask...vhy is Gilbert passed out on the stairs?" Ludwig asked raising an eyebrow at you. "Oh, he came over and stole all the beer and liquor." You said smiling. "HE VAHT!?" Gilbert shot awake from his sleep and darted out the door.

 "HE VAHT!?" Gilbert shot awake from his sleep and darted out the door