The New Peeves Decoration

Chapter Seven

Lucy didn't know what happened until after. She had just finished eating her delightful breakfast and then, suddenly, she was dragged out of the Great Hall by a not-so-weak Hermione, along with Harry and Ron in tow. Lucy didn't know what was going on — she had suspected a kidnapping but when they were at the entrance of the library the idea was crossed off.

Hermione stopped at an empty study table and plopped her and Lucy's schoolbags on the table. Ron and Harry did the same. Lucy didn't notice them bring their school supplies. She stared at Hermione like she just showed her a baby dragon.

"Hermione . . . what are we doing here?" Lucy asked incredulously. "Why have you taken me away from my divine breakfast so I could be here studying?"

Ron interjected, "Yeah, Hermione, why did you drag us here so early on a Saturday morning? You know that I can't think this early!"

"Ron, you can't think any time of the day," Hermione shot back and smiled a little at Harry for being on her side. Then she scowled. Harry didn't say anything because he was asleep. "It's only seven o'clock."

"Only seven?" Ron replied. "Woman, you woke me up on a Saturday morning to do homework."

"Yeah!" Lucy still remembered being hexed out of bed. She stilled wondered where Hermione learned how to hang people by their ankles. Lucky for her she had heard Hermione shout, "Levicorpus!" and made sure to remember it for a later use.

"What's up with Harry?" she asked, trying to stop the bickering Hermione and Ron from getting the lot kicked out. But the two won't shut up, leaving Lucy no choice — though she wished she could've done this earlier — to cast "Silencio!"

She couldn't help but laugh at the animated figures in front of her, arguing but with no words coming out of their mouths. They stare at each other with confusion, trying to figure out who did it. Hermione didn't need another second to realize it was Lucy who was holding her stomach from laughing to hard.

Hermione tried to scold her, but she couldn't talk. She just glared at Lucy and tried to find a counter spell. Meanwhile, Ron was moving his mouth a minute a mile, trying to cast spells without his voice being heard. It didn't work that well. The spell he tried to use backfired and nearly set Harry on fire if it wasn't for Lucy, spraying Harry with water. Harry was livid after that, watching his singed hair fall off onto his robe.

Ron nearly didn't make it out alive. Hermione was still searching for a counter spell. And, Lucy was halfway through her homework. Harry kept casting "Petrificus Totalus!" on Ron every five minutes body-binding him and resulting to Ron taking a longer time to finish his work. Harry barely did any and Hermione was still searching for the spell.

Lucy was on the last question of her Defense Against the Dark Arts homework when a pair of flaming-red hair pop out of nowhere, pulled her chair to another table which nearly knocked her to the ground, and be seated right in front of Lee Jordan who had a huge smile on his face. There were pieces of parchment all over the table, but not with any school work. No, they were way better.

The Weasley twins sat on both sides of Lee and had their hands folded together, trying to look innocent. Lucy raised both eyebrows at the three while they stared at her with a wild glint in their eyes.

"We're here today —" Lee began.

"— to introduce you to the best prank of the century —" George went on.

"— and we knew you'd want to be in on it," Fred finished.

She leaned forward. "Yeah, I'm in. Who's it going to be on?"