Lucy vs. Fred

Chapter Twenty-Eight

Lucy hadn't talked to Fred for the rest of the day and the next morning. Everyone noticed by then. Hermione, Ginny, George, Harry, and Ron were confused as to what was happening. There seemed to be a war, and the friends had to either pick a side or be shot down.

The boys went with Fred, and the girls chose their loyalties to Lucy. The two arguing couple hasn't left their room at all, and when they did, they'd glare at each other, ignoring one another. The lot had tried to get them to talk again.

Hermione and Ginny were sitting inside their room, trying to get some information out of Lucy. Everyone clueless as to why the couple would be fighting. Even Mrs. Weasley had a feeling something wasn't right since she had cooked up a pancake with a large question mark for Fred and Lucy.

"What's wrong? Did Fred do something?" Hermione asked. "Lucy, you can tell us everything."

Lucy hadn't talked in hours, and the two girls missed their friend's snarky remarks and jokes. They weren't accustomed to her silence, and it was nerve wrecking.

"Lucyyyy," Ginny whined. Her red hair was a mess. Ginny forgot to brush it especially with the war going on in her own home. "Will you braid my hair? I'm too lazy."

Lucy snatched Ginny's favorite brush and began to fix her friend's hair. She was still quiet. As she started to French braid her hair, Lucy's grip on Ginny's hair tightened.

"Ow! Lucy, what's wrong? Come on, if we're to get back at my brother, I'll need to know what we're dealing with here."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"She demanded five galleons?"

Ron and George couldn't believe their ears. Fred had just finished telling them about Lucy and his little bet. Harry was quiet, narrowing his eyes at Fred as he asked, "You betted on Ginny and me?"

"That's besides the point!" Fred shushed Harry. "I think Ron and Hermione had something going on before yesterday, right?"

"Well, er . . . not, not really?" Ron blushed.

Fred slapped his forehead. "I didn't want to give Lucy the money, and now she won't talk to me. If she's going to be like this, I won't to her."

Harry shook his head, shuffling uncomfortably. "Fred, I don't think —"

"Mate, I don't really care what you think right now. You failed me yesterday. You weren't supposed to be snogging my sister in front of me then and —"

"HARRY WAS SNOGGING GINNY?" Ron and George yelled simultaneously.

Harry was really uncomfortable now. Especially since he was in a room full of Ginny's overprotective brothers who looked like they were about to tear him apart right then and there.

"Hey, at least it's not those other guys, right?" Harry muttered. George and Ron nodded their heads while Fred continued talking about Lucy.

"What should I do?"

"Well, I think you really should talk to herm, bro," George said. "It's just a bet."

"Talk to me when you have to give your girl five galleons. You know I don't like losing." Fred covered his face with his hands. "I'll wait for her to say something to me. It's almost nighttime. I'm going to give her time to think."

Harry patted his back. "Good luck, mate."

Fred uncovered his face. "Hold on a minute. Where are you going, mister?"

"Uh . . ."

"Are you going to see my sister?"

"Well —"

"You aren't going in there unsupervised. I'm coming," George said, grabbing onto Harry to pull himself up.

"I'm coming too!" Ron piped in.

The three boys left the room immediately, leaving the sulking Fred alone in his room to be sad by himself. Fred groaned when he realized what they did. He mumbled, "Those bloody gits."

He plopped down on his bed, wondering what she was doing. Fred could only guess she was with her friends, Hermione and Ginny . . . well, just Hermione now. Unless Hermione went with Ron.

Fred started to mess with his hair to pass the time. He wondered what to do with it. Should he gel it to be spiky, or should he toss them to one side? Does it look too long?

Oh, this will be good.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Lucy was all by herself. Hermione and Ginny went with their boyfriends (It's obvious Hermione and Ron like each other), leaving her to do absolutely nothing. She dressed in something nice. Just because she was bored.

George had stopped by to try and get her to talk to Fred, but he left with a disappointing frown. She wouldn't talk to him first. Lucy had decided to wait until he apologized to her. She sighed and placed her chin on her fist as she lied on her stomach. This will be a long week.

It was nighttime before she knew it. She was extremely bored, and didn't know what to do. Hermione and Ginny had come back into the room, but were fast asleep. Lucy couldn't close her eyes for a second. Her thoughts were zooming around her head. She had her constant nightmares again.

Lucy left her bed to the one other place she could think of. Her feet dragged her to the kitchen. She sat down in a seat and poured herself a cup of water. Gulping it all down, she continued her journey. Halfway through, she bumped into a hard chest, nearly falling to the ground if it weren't for the person's hands catching her.

"Lucy?" the voice spoke.

"Fred?" she replied back.

The two were staring at each other. She didn't know what to say. Lucy awkwardly shifted her weight on both feet, fiddling with her hands.

"I'm sorry," Fred whispered. He ran his fingers through his red hair and sighed. "I really missed you. I haven't seen you in so long, and I can't believe you could look any more beautiful."

Lucy grabbed the sides of his face. "I really missed you too, Fred Weasley." She placed a soft kiss on his lips, lingering there for a few seconds.

Fred pulled away. He twirled a piece of her long hair. "I'll give you your five galleons."

She smiled. "Really?"

"Yeah, but why are you still awake?"

"Because of you and the nightmares," she muttered.

"How about I give you five galleons and the left side of my bed?"

"Five galleons, the left side of your bed, and a kiss?"

He pretended to hesitate before smiling. "That's a lot . . . but you've got yourself a deal."

"And, uh, Fred?"

"Yeah?"

"Did you cut your hair?"