The Wedding II

Chapter Twenty-Seven

In front of her was a livid Fred looking ready to punch her dancing partner. Fred didn't talk to her for a moment. He was trying to take everything in. Fred couldn't believe that she would ever do that to him.

Eventually, he couldn't keep his anger in for long. Fred shouted, "Why was he dancing with you? Was he harassing you?"

Lucy crossed her arms around her chest. "No, he was dancing with me. That's what people like to do on the dance floor. Why do you care anyway?"

"Because — Lucy, I just do!"

"I was having a good time with him. I believe you were having a better time with those French girls."

"Who? French girls? What are you talking about?"

"Those girls you escorted into the procession! I saw you do it. Don't try to deny it."

He chuckled. "Is that what this is all about?"

Lucy was fuming. Her right eye twitched a little as she tried to control her anger. How dare he laugh at this? Does he not care? Her shoulders droop, her angry façade falling. She could never hate Fred. All she felt weary. "Yes it is, and if you can't —"

"Babe, I think you've got the wrong twin, though I hope that's not the case. That was George you saw leading those girls to their seats. I was with Harry and Ron the whole time and with a few elderly ladies, but I don't want to talk about that," Fred explained. He grabbed her cheeks. "I would never do that to you."

"But, but you said, 'Not so fast, Your Holeyness.' Only you call George that."

"George made it seem like he was me. He's been doing that a lot lately. I'm surprised you didn't notice the hole."

Now that she thought about it, she did remember seeing the hole that was once George's ear . . . but because the twins had their hair and outfit the same . . .

She stuffed her face into his chest. Lucy felt so bad for accusing him of . . . well, they weren't dating so he technically wasn't cheating on her. She clenched her fists and closed her eyes. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry, Fred. I really thought that was you."

"Hey, its fine. I'm just glad you're here in my arms and not some other guy's."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The next morning, she woke up in Fred's bed. Her legs were tangled with his; his arms were wrapped around her waist. She breathed in his scent . . . of smoke? The first thing she thought? He's back at it again.

She remembered the first time she came to the Burrow. Fred and George made so much ruckus in their room late at night, she could barely sleep. It sounded like they were setting bombs off right across from Ginny's room. Ron had explained that they were probably making something for their joke shop. They've been doing that for years now, so it wasn't anything new to the Weasleys.

Fred squirmed in his bed. One of his eyes opened and probed Lucy's messy hair. "You awake?" He closed it again, breathing in her smell.

Lucy looked up at him. "Nope, I'm still asleep." She pretended to snore for good measures.

He laughed. "Well, since you're 'still asleep,' I'll go to grab something to eat."

Fred made a move to untangle their legs, but Lucy dragged him down. She wrapped her arms around his neck, placing a soft kiss on his jaw and trailing down his neck.

"Or," Fred mumbled, letting out a soft groan, "I'll stay here while you give me kisses."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Fred and Lucy played around on his bed. George was snoring next to them, completely dead to the world. She grabbed a marker out of Fred's pencil holder and lightly drew on his face.

She observed her master piece. Lucy had drawn a curly mustache right above his top lip, a goatee below his chin. On both sides of his forehead, there were miniature horns. Fred added his own mark, writing in bold letters LOSER just in between George's horns as the finishing touch. She hoped George wouldn't mind permanent ink on his face for a few days.

The two giggled like two little girls and walked to the kitchen, their stomachs growling. It was pretty early in the morning. No one else was awake yet, so they had to tiptoe their way down to get some food.

What they weren't expecting was Harry and Ginny snogging on the kitchen table. Lucy had her mouth open and Fred was frozen. She held onto Fred's hand as she quietly poured herself a glass of water. Lucy took a sip of the cool liquid before clearing her throat.

The two lovebirds spun around so fast they nearly toppled over each other. Lucy raised her eyebrows, taking another sip of her water. "What's shaking, bacons?"

Harry was muttering incoherent sentences. Ginny rolled her eyes at Fred and Lucy, leading Harry up the stairs to her bedroom probably. Fred was just about to walk after them when Lucy grabbed onto his wrist, stopping him before he embarrassed the couple.

"Don't. She really likes him; he really likes her — let them have some fun," Lucy insisted, taking another gulp. "If you do anything, I will sleep in George's bed."

"But she's dating Harry Potter, my mate. How can I not do something? Can I at least make fun of them?" he whined. "It'll be boring otherwise."

She shook her head, laughing quietly. "Fine. Only because I want to do that too."

Fred grabbed her hips and nuzzled his nose into the crook of her neck. "I'm so glad you're legal now."

She gasped and whacked the back of his head. "Fred Weasley!"

"What? Seventeen's a good age." Lucy could feel his lips shaping into a smile on her skin. "I'm just joking around . . . maybe."

"I believe you owe me my five galleons." Lucy smirked. "I was right. Harry and Ginny were going to get together before Ron and Hermione."

"No way! I'm not giving you five galleons."

"You can't do that! We betted and even shook on it. Fred, you can't back out on me. I earned it, fair and square," she growled. Lucy pushed him away to glare at his face. "You are giving me my money."

"Love, I can do as I please, and I am not refusing to give you five galleons!"

"You're such a sore loser —"

"FRED WEASLEY AND LUCY DONAVON, I WILL MURDER YOU," George shouted from his bedroom upstairs, but the lovebirds shouted — well, Lucy waved a wandless — "Silencio!"