flooded thoughts

Lexi's POV
I woke up the next morning. Alone. Was everything that happened with Jack just a dream?
I looked over at my clock, 6:14. I didnt even know if i had to go to work today. Just in case i jumped up and got into the shower.
Once i got out it was only like 7 so i goy dressed in this nice black dress that hugged my body and straightened my hair.

××××××××××××××

I stood outside waiting for my Uber to arrive. I just couldnt shake thoughts of Jack out of my mind though. Last night he said he loved me then left. Did this mean we were together? And as if on cue, i noticed Jack walking up to me. He had his hands deep in his pockets and his eyes we squinting because of the sun that was just rising.
"Hey Jack!"
"Hey..." he dragged his words not making eyes contact.
After a few moments of silence,i finally got the courage to get closer to him. So i took a few steps toward him.
"So why did you leave last night?"
"What" he looked up at me puzzled.
"Uh. Last night you came over. Remember?" he scratched the back of his neck looking into the distance.
"Um. You might be mixed up. I was with my girlfriend Madison. Cause you know, she's my girlfriend. My girlfriend that i love. Yea. Girlfriend. So yea. It wasnt me. Or you were dreaming". What the hell is he talking about? Was it all a dream? Shit.
"Oh. Well sorry". Jack nodded walking past me.
Eventually my Uber pulled up and i got in, confused as hell.

Jack's POV
Of course i was gonna tell her it wasa dream. I have a girlfriend. And she doesnt even like me in the friendly way. I was stupid for me to go there last night. Telling her i loved her. It was all a mistake. But the truth.

It hurt for me to watch her hurt but we weren't exactly put in the vest positions to fall in love. I have a girlfriend. She has and crazy ex which happens to be one of my best friends.
And i will never be able to be with her her. I dont want her getting caught up in my bullshit.
I wish i would had thought like this when i had Carly. Maybe then she would still be alive. Maybe i would be happy. Maybe Ella would be dead.

Lexi's POV
When i arrived at the office, i walked straight to the elevator not bothering to say hi to anyone. I paced the elevator, eager to get to the top.
The elevator suddenly came to a stop, and the doors slowly opened.
Shit.
Chris was sitting at his desk. Flawless as usual. He looked untouched. Like yesterday didnt even happen.
"I know what your thinking" he spoke as i stepped into his office. "And just to let you know, i have really good make up people and i only get the finest medical treatment".
"Oh". Those were the only words i managed to get out at the time.
"So would you care to explain?" i took a deep breathe sitting in a chair across from him. "No need for the deep breaths. You should be comfortable around me". I giggled.
"Oh. Well it was just a crazy ex. And im really sorry. I didnt know he was even in town". Chris nodded his head letting out a chuckle.
"I understand. I once had a crazy ex too. Her name was Ella. She was.....something. But anyways". He stood up his desk and walked over to me grabbing my hand. I stood up and he twirled me looking over my outfit.
"I love your dress. You should wear it again sometime". I blushed, looking away.
"Do you have any love interest in your life?" i shook my head no even though Jack came to mind.
"You're lying. Whats his name?" i looked down at me feet tracing the patterns of the tile on the ground.
"Jack".
"Ahh. So", Chris stepped closer to me. "Is this Jack guy more attractive than me?" i nodded my head yes, thinking of all Jack's features. He big brown eyes, his soft hair, defined cheekbones and his perfect jawline. He was more than attractive.
Chris laughed, "I highly doubt that but its whatever". Now he seriously needs to get over himself. He was attractive but nothing compared to Jack. Well, maybe.
"Anyway", Chris grabbed my waist and pulled my hips to his, our faces inches apart. "Can Jack touch you like this?" he then slid his hands up the bottom of my dress. His fingers roamed my thighs, butterflies formed in my stomach. As much as i wanted to push him off, i didnt want to.
"Yes he can". Chris smirked.
"Well what can't this guy do?" i shrugged my shoulders, still in Chris's arms.
"Can he do this though?" Chris pulled me close to him, pushing his lips into mine. Our lips going at it like mad. I didnt want to pull away. He fought for dominance and i gave in. My emotions were overwhelming me all at once. Thoughts of Jack flooded my mind, but he wasnt here and he didnt want to be. He wanted to be with Madison and i just had to accept the fact that he would never love me the same as i do.
Finally Chris pulled away, fidgeting with his lip ring.
He put his hand up to my face, "Now, i know you would like to continue but we actually have to work now".

No matter what i am doing, who i am with, or where im at, thoughts of Jack never go away.