She's Not Me

Lexi's POV

"Im done with my work". I walked over to Chris' desk.
"Okay than, i guess you can go home because i have no other work for you". I nodded gathering my stuff up.

I walked into the elevator but Chris stopped it with his foot.
I looked into his eyes, steadily breathing.
"Have a good night". I nodded my head as he took his foot back, flashing his perfectly white smile at me.
The elevator doors finally shut and i let out a breath i didnt realize i was holding.

As soon as i got outside, i stepped into my Uber. I glanced out the window trying to think about the whole week.

A few days had passed since mission save Jack and everything just went back to normal.
Me and Chris went back to work and me and Cameron are now on good terms. He even met someone new. And honestly, im happy for him. Lets just hoped he goes back to his abusive ways.

But one thing that changed was Jack.
That night, he got in the van refusing to speak yo anyone. And i understand. He left the love of his life to die.
It hurt him to see her that that.
It hurt him to let go of her.

Jack deserves better. Maybe that's why he's with Madison. Maybe she's the better and just a bitch around me.

Finally i arrived at my moms house and hopped out, paying my driver.

"Just a couple more months and i will be able to get my own place". I walked threw the door, going to to the kitchen.
I looked threw the cabinets, they were full, but there was nothing to eat.
I grabbed my phone and headed to the couch, just ordering Chinese food.

"Hey sweety". I looked up at my mom who was standing at the bottom of the stairs.
"Mom!" i ran over to her, pulling her into a hug. I felt like i havent seen her in forever.
"Okay okay". My mom giggled pushing me off her. "Look Lexi im sorry ive been really busy lately and i-"
"It's fine mom". She smiled, joining me on the couch.

"Okay. So i have to run some errands and go to the office real quick to pick up my check. Do you want to come with?" i shook my head knowing i wasnt gonna leave this couch for a while.

"Okay but be dressed by 7. We are going out to dinner with the Gilinsky's. Then after dinner they will come over for a game night". I plastered a fake smile on my face, realizing i would have to see Jack. Things have just been so weird, i dong want to make things awkward.

My mom walked put the door and i looked at my clock. 6:02.
"OH MY GOSH. WHY CANT I BE A LAZY PERSON AND SLEEP ALL DAY!"i screamed as i got up to take a shower.

After i got out a long white dress and then did my make up and curled my hair.

I looked in the mirror,satisfied

I looked over at my clock again. 6:54.
I made my way downstairs and saw my mom sitting on the couch in a black formal dress.
As i made my way downstairs, my mothers jaw dropped.

"Oh sweetie. You look absolutely beautiful". I smiled hugging her. "You've grown up so fast".

"Mom. Please dont cry". She smacked my arm laughing.
"Im not crying, my eyes are just sweaty". I laughed at my mom as we made our way to the restaurant.

Minutes later we pulled up to a fancy Italian restaurant. Typical.
"Reservation under Gilinsky". The waiter lead us down the rows of people.
He was tall, skinny and had brown hair with piercings and tattoos. I looked at his name tag. 'Kian'. I smiled at him as he lead us to our table and he winked at me.

Finally when we got to our table in the way back, Jack and his whole family looked at me.
"Wow, Lexi. You look beautiful". I smiled trying not to blush.
"Thank you Katherine". I looked over at Jack and our eyes met, his mouth hanging open.
Suddenly someone nudged him and broke our eye contact.
I looked over and saw Madison. Great.

I have nothing against her, she just had beef with me for no reason.

*****************
Jack's POV

Lexi looked stunning. The whole dinner I couldnt take my eyes off her. She was just so perfect.

Soon dinner was over and we made our way out to the cars. I drove my own car because i had to pick up Maddie. I felt back. I could tell she felt out of place and that i directed all my attention toward Lexi.

"Babe". I looked over at Madison. "Can you just take me home?" i nodded my head.

The car ride was slow and quiet.

"Whats wrong" i looked over at her still focusing on the road. "Mads".
She sigh mumbling nothing.
"Bullshit what's wrong?" i stopped in front of her house.
"You know whats wrong?!"
"No Madison. I dont. That's why i asked". She rolled her eyes as a tear slid down her cheek.

"All night all you could do was concentrate on was Lexi. Im your girlfriend and you wouldnt even look at me. Dont you know how useless that makes me feel?" i sat there silent and stunned by her words. "I cant help think how much more beautiful she is than me and im sure you agree. I just feel like you're using me to make her jealous. Ive stood by you threw everything and now you wont even look at me!" she wiped her tears ready to get out but i stopped her.
"Mads. You know i love you and would never leave you for anyone".

"Yea. Thats exactly what my ex told me. To trust him. He also told me not to worry about the girl hes currently with now". She stood there looking at me. We were both silent.

"You know what Jack. Its over". And with that, she walked away.

****************

"Hey Jack! Lexi's upstairs". I looked up at my mom, forcing a smile onto my face.
I debated on going up. Wondering what she will say.

I stood at her door, cracking it open.
"Uh. Hello". I whispered. I looked in at her.
Her legs were pulled up to her chest.
"Lexi". She looked up at me. Her eyes red and puffy. "Whats wrong".
I looked at her with full concern.
Honest.
It hurt to watch her hurt.

"You". She mumbled looked at me directly in the eyes.
"Me". I pointed at my self, realizing how stupid I looked. Im so confused.
"Yes you". I ran over to her placing my hand on her back but she pushed it away viciously.
" just tell me what's going on". She let out a laugh. Oh no.

"Jack". Her eyes started to water. "This whole night, was just so hard. It was so hard for me to watch the person love, to be in love with another person. I kept thinking what was so good about her and wondered why i was never good enough. You send me all these mixed signals when i just want to be with you. But i cant. And i keep thinking why cant that be me. Why cant i be the happy one for once". She pauses to catch her breath. "I want you so damn bad, and it hurts me so fucking much knowing i will never have a chance". She cried getting up from the bed and looking at her phone. "But know that no one will ever be able to treat you as good as i try to". She throws her phone on the bed and heads to the bathroom.

Damn. I fucked up with not one, but 2 girls. Both of which i love more than anything.

Her phone buzzed. I picked it up realizing it was only a notification. I clicked home on her phone.

I debated looking threw her text, but honestly i had to know. I pressed the next icon on her phone. The last person she text was Chris, just a few minutes ago. I clicked on their text.

To Chris😝❤

Hey i need some air.
Wanna meet up somewhere.

From Chris😝❤

Of course.
Starbucks?

To Chris😝❤

Perfect see you there.

From Chris😝❤

Yep see ya😍😍

Oh hell no.