9. Measure All Ingredients

Bud's Bakers was going down

And by current profits there were only four weeks to do it.

The mission itself was simple; make more money than Bud, become better than Bud, laugh in Bud's face which will then result in the destruction of Bud. And that was really the only thing Maisie had ever wanted. The smug, smarmy guy had always got under her skin with his gel-coated hair and practically orange skin.

His ultimate demise would be the only thing that could satisfy her.

But in the meantime, some air conditioning would suffice.

"I'm about to combust, it's too hot to function," Maisie whined as she snatched the little plastic fan that ran off batteries away from Andrew.

"Hey!" he tried to yank it back but Maisie was already using it although the little electric fan did little to actually help the heat wave they were all battling through.

"I can't breathe," Charity gasped and clutched her throat. "Too...hot."

Nick rolled his eyes at her and looked over at Officer Ben who was reading a newspaper with his feet up on the table. "Ben, how the actual fuck are you breathing right now? You're wearing a full police uniform. What part of you isn't dying?"

Ben glanced up and gave Nick a flat look. "I'm a trained man of the law, criminal. I know how to limit the amount of perspiration that comes out of my sweat glands."

Maisie eyes narrowed in a mix of confusion and disgust from the young cops description and she threw the fan at Logan when he held one hand up for it which he caught effortlessly.

"Excuse me!" Andrew choked out. "I didn't give permission for him to get the fan."

Maisie shrugged. "Too late. He's already got it."

Logan grinned at the confused German who ended up lying his head on his arms and sighing. Though he quickly moved his head away when his cheek literally got stuck to the skin of his arm from sweat. His entire body felt like one big ball of ew and no.

Andrew looked up at the clock and saw that he still had fifteen minutes left of his break before he had to get back to work so he stood up from the booth seat and stretched backwards until he heard a few cracks. His body sagged into a comfortable position and a few pairs of eyes looked up at him.

"Where are you going?" Charity asked as he walked towards the doors.

"To find air conditioning," he answered.