21. Take It Out

21. Take It Out

Logan walked up to the gates of his parent's house with a lingering smile on his face

Logan walked up to the gates of his parent's house with a lingering smile on his face. Brushing a finger over his lips he replayed the events of the day in his head until finally he landed on the highlight; kissing Maisie for the first time. But, if Logan was going to be honest, it was a bit of an awkward stumble in the beginning until Maisie got her shit together.

Logan dived in like an idiot but he didn't expect for his lips to actually hit Maisie's. The girl in question flinched back so hard that her head hit the brick wall behind her.

"Shit," she cursed and gripped her skull with the palm of her hand and rubbed her lips with the other. "Next time you try to get it on with me, please refrain from injuring me in the process."

Logan winced and wondered if the moment was completely gone now. Probably.

"Sorry," he mumbled. "That didn't go as planned."

"Well I'd hope not," Maisie said and then sighed, pulling her hands away and holding onto the fabric of Logan's shirt. "That doesn't mean I still don't want it though."

Logan looked at her with disbelief before shaking his head and laughing.

"Only you," he murmured and leaned forward quickly, pressing his lips back to her.

Of course, when it came to Maisie, nothing could be simple or orchestrated normally without awkward moments naturally slipping in. And so, when Logan tried to kiss her again, Maisie jerked in surprise and knocked her knee hard against the front of Logan's.

He flinched away and huffed out a laugh as Maisie freaked out. She patted down his shoulders and rambled for a few minutes about how sorry she was and that usually she wasn't this much of a disaster. Logan smiled and held onto her shoulders, leaning close but slower this time.

"Only you," he whispered again, fondly and gently kissed her.

After that, Maisie started to function like a normal human being and a bruised thigh later, she had finally stopped flailing about in surprise every time he came close. By the time Logan pulled away, Maisie's face was as bright as her hair and Logan couldn't help the quick teasing that came with it.

But now he needed to go back home for a few minutes and grab some things from his old room. He might be able to sneak in a quick movie with Juno before he headed back to his apartment. With this in mind, he slipped through the large gate that glimmered under the streetlights and stopped dead in his tracks before walking to the front door.

There were cars everywhere. Logan probably should have picked up on the faint music in the background or the low hum of conversation that mingled into it. But he'd overlooked all the usual signs of one of his parent's large parties.