18. Wait 15-25 Mins

18. Wait 15-25 Mins

Maisie blearily opened her eyes to the penetrating sound of a monotonous beep that just kept going round and round in a circle

Maisie blearily opened her eyes to the penetrating sound of a monotonous beep that just kept going round and round in a circle. She blinked a couple times and rubbed at her eyes until her vision wasn't so blurry. Turning her head, she looked over at the bedside table where bright red numbers flashed at her.

Maisie stared at the numbers for a moment until the dots connected in her brain and she was suddenly scrambling out of bed

Maisie stared at the numbers for a moment until the dots connected in her brain and she was suddenly scrambling out of bed. She ran to the bathroom and quickly cleaned her teeth before throwing on clothes and tying her rat nest of a hairdo out of the way.

9:57

She had three minutes to get out the damn door or her monster of a half sister was going to be whining for hours in her ear about waiting like some kind of idiot. Maisie ran down the stairs and grabbed a pack of eggos from the freezer and shoved two into the toaster.

She'd be damned if she was skipping breakfast just to please Rachel and her dad.

Maisie slipped on her converse and looked at the rest of the shoes where her mom and Tony's were missing.

"Could have freaking woken me up before you left," she muttered bitterly and ran back to the kitchen when the toaster popped.

Grabbing the two Eggos, Maisie wrapped them in a napkin and practically stumbled out of the front door, just managing to lock it behind her. She walked to the bus stop and luckily only had to wait a few minutes before one came strolling down the street. She showed her card and sat on the not very populated bus near the back and happily munched on her waffles.

She couldn't help but think back to the night before. How nice it was to be around Logan, the amount of times she laughed and the fact that he had taken her somewhere that his old friends owned; that he wasn't hesitant about leading her directly into his life. And the movie had been perfect, lying on the top of the car in the stuffy night air. A smile fell across Maisie's face and a horrible part of her sank because she was going to see her dad instead of in her bakery, around people that actually cared back.