Epilogue: Read Instructions Carefully

There was a breeze blowing through the trees as Maisie sat on a bench in the park

There was a breeze blowing through the trees as Maisie sat on a bench in the park. She kicked her heels back and forth, scraping the bottom of her shoes against the ground. The sun glared through the branches as now and then, someone would walk past and Maisie would smile at them.

Charity was gone. And for the first week, they had called every single night as well as texting every five seconds. Then, Charity became busy with work and trying to make friends and Maisie thought it would hurt her. It was usually supposed to hurt. And for a moment Maisie did feel horrifically alone. She remembered that Charity needed to make friends at Stanford and might not need Maisie anymore.

But after two days without any contact, Charity had sent a text almost every night and Maisie knew then that her friend wasn't going anywhere.

But Maisie was.

She stared down at her suitcase that was packed and sitting at her feet. The breeze ruffled her hair and she felt the emptiness of her pocket where the keys to the bakery usually were. Now, they were sitting firmly in Nick's grasp as he took over the bakery in her absence - of course with Tony peeking over their shoulders every five seconds.

The bakery had been up and running for months. But, Maisie couldn't get away from the nagging feeling in her heart. She'd stressed over the bakery for her grandma. To make up for her lost degree. To not seem like a failure in front of her dad. But she no longer felt that. And now, Maisie wanted to do something for herself.

The roaring of a car engine made Maisie look up as a black car rolled up to the curb at the edge of the park. Maisie stood, grabbing her suitcase and walked to the car. She smiled as the window rolled down and Logan poked his head out.

"Ready to go to Vegas?"

That's a wrap! The complete end of Whipped (Bad Boy Bakers)! Thank you so much for reading

- Ellie x