10. Put In A Large Bowl

Charity ^

10. Put In A Large Bowl

 Put In A Large Bowl

"Maisie."

Maisie turned around to see Bud wearing a fluorescent yellow tank top and white shorts which were much too short and much too white. Sweat was dripping from every part of his body and the usual fake tan look his skin had was now bright red from an obvious sun burn. Maisie narrowed her eyes.

"Are trying to impersonate a tomato or something?" she asked.

Bud's eye twitched. "I need to talk to you."

Maisie turned away from the window of her bakery and gave Bud her full attention. The man took a step forward and pulled the earbuds out of his ears.

"Are you sending spies into my bakery?" he asked seriously and Maisie choked out a laugh.

"Spies?"

"Yes, those fiends you have in that bakery of yours. I keep seeing them at my bakery."

"They're delinquents Bud, not ninjas," Maisie deadpanned.

"Look, yesterday I saw one of your guys come in for the third time. He's one hell of a bad spy by the way because he makes it blatantly obvious by walking in, talking to my workers then walking out without buying anything."

"The third time?" Maisie frowned. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"One of your guys keeps coming in. This is the third time this week," Bud said.

Maisie sighed. "What does he look like?"

"Brown hair, tall-ish, weird German accent-"

"Fucks sake," Maisie groaned and rubbed the side of her head.

"Problem?" Bud asked in a sickly sweet voice.

"None at all," Maisie faked a smile. "Now fuck off. You're like a damn disease, I can already feel myself getting infected - Jesus just go!"

 When Bud made no move to get away, Maisie picked up the bottle of window cleaner and sprayed it violently at Bud. The man stumbled backwards with a shocked face before running away down the street.

"You better run, bitch!" Maisie squirted cleaner into the air again before hearing the jingle of the bakery door being opened.

"Being nice to the neighbours I see," Logan commented as he crossed his arms and leaned against the door frame.

"Slacking off again I see," Maisie retorted and Logan held up his hands.