Kiss the Girl

Garfield, Jaime and Bart all sat on the couch, slouching. "Dude, remind me why we are spending a perfect Saturday afternoon watching The Little Mermaid?", Bart said. Onscreen, Ariel and Eric explored the town square. "Because,", said Jaime. "Miss Martian had nothing planned for today, so she thought it would be a swell idea to force her little bro to watch her favorite Disney movie with her. And since we're such good friends of Gar, we can't let him go through the torture alone." He shot a deadly glare at the green teen.

Behind them in the kitchen, M'gann finished baking cookies. "Why do you like this movie so much, Sis?", Gar asked her. "You watch this like, every time you have a free day." M'gann looked at the TV set, smiling as she leaned on the kitchen counter. "I guess because Ariel is me, in a way.", she explained. "She wants to be apart of the surface world as much as I wanted to be apart of Earth when I first came. She's a stranger to human society, and is curious of all the new things that surround her. I could always relate to that."

Just then, Conner came in. When he saw M'gann, he froze in his tracks. She turned her head to see him. For a moment, it seemed as if time had frozen. Things had been awkward between them since the end of the invasion. They no longer avoided each other, but they still barely said a word. After a long moment of silence, he opened the fridge, got himself a soda, and left the room. Gar stood on the couch. "Sis! Why didn't you say anything?"

M'gann sighed. "What was I supposed to say? Hey, Conner! I still really like you! Wanna get back together?" She groaned as she shook her head. "Every time I see him, my mind goes blank, and I can't think of what to say! Its like I've lost my voice or something! Besides, he probably still hates me for what I did to him. And honestly, who wouldn't?" She dragged her feet as she walked to her room to change her dough-covered clothes.

Music came from the TV screen. Gar looked. Ariel and Eric were having a romantic boat ride, and Sebastien the crab was singing, "She don't say a word, and she won't say a word until you, kiss the girl." Suddenly, the wheels started turning in Gar's head. Jaime and Bart saw the scheming look on his face. "Dude...what are you up to?" Gar looked at them with a devious smirk. "I think I've gotta plan..."
-------------------------------------
It was a dark, moonlit night, perfect for romance. M'gann stepped onto the beach, holding the note she'd found on her bed, saying to meet Gar on the corner of Mount Justice. She sat down by the shore and waited. Suddenly, she sensed someone coming. She turned her head to see Conner standing there, holding a note as well. They looked at each other, unsure of how to react. Slowly, he took a few steps towards her. "Gar leave you a note to come here, too?" M'gann nodded, trying to think of something to say, but unable to find anything.

They saw a boat built for two floating by the docks a few feet away. Conner looked at her. "Wanna ride?" M'gann nodded. He led her onto the dock and into the boat. He took the oars and rowed them out a few feet. "Wonder who left this out here." M'gann smiled. They didn't see Gar, Jaime and Bart hiding in the camouflaged Bio-Ship. Gar smiled. "Cue the music." Jaime turned on his IPod. Bart gave Gar the microphone, and he began to sing.

There ya see her, sitting there across the way.
She don't gotta lot to say, but there's something about her.
And ya don't know why, butcha dyin' to try,
Ya wanna, kiss the girl.

Conner looked around. "Did you hear something?" M'gann shook her head in a frenzy. She knew exactly what was happening. This was another one of Garfield's crazy plots to get her and Conner back together. She just hoped and prayed Conner didn't catch him in the act.

Yes, you want her. Look at her, ya know ya do.
Possible she wants you, too, there is one way to ask her.
It don't take a word, not a single word,
Go on and, kiss the girl.

Gar passed Jaime and Bart microphones. "Sing with me now."

Sha la la la la la, my oh my,
Looks like the boy's too shy,
Ain't gonna, kiss the girl!
Sha la la la la la, ain't that sad,
Ain't it a shame, too bad, he gonna, miss the girl.

Conner looked at M'gann.  He wasn't sure if it was the song talking, but she was looking soooooo pretty, her hair shining in the moonlight, her eyes sparkling like the stars.  He got her attention.  "M'gann...I know things have been weird between us lately...its just...when we were dating, it was so easy to talk to you.  I could tell you anything.  But now that we're broken up...I can never think of what to say."  He rubbed his neck.  "I'm sorry if you think I'm being a wuss, but-". Just then, he felt her hands wrap around his.  He looked at her, smiling at him.  He loved her smile.  It was always kind and understanding.  He smiled back and held her hands up in his.  "Okay..."

Gar smiled when he saw them holding hands.  "Its working!  Keep going!"

Now's ya moment, floating in a blue lagoon.
Boy, ya better do it soon, no time will be better.
She don't say a word, and she won't say a word
Until you, kiss the girl!

Conner's ice blue eyes were distracted by M'gann's rust-colored ones as Gar, Jaime and Bart broke into the final chorus.

Sha la la la la la, don't be scared!
Ya got the mood prepared!
Go on and, kiss the girl!
Sha la la la la la, don't stop now!
Don't try to hide it out!
Ya wanna, kiss the girl!

Conner leaned closer to her, staring into her eyes. She did the same to him.

Sha la la la la la, float along,
And listen to the song!
The song say, kiss the girl!
Sha la la la la la, music play!
Do what the music say!
Go on and, kiss the girl.

Conner and M'gann leaned in a little closer.

Go on and, kiss the girl.

He cupped her cheek.

Go on and, kiss the girl.

They closed their eyes.

Ya gotta, kiss the girl.

Gar shivered with excitement as he sung the final line.

Go on and, kiss the girl!

Conner and M'gann dove in closer and closer, their faces inches apart from each other.  She could feel her heart beating so hard and fast, she was afraid it would burst out of her chest at any minute.  She could feel his breath on her nose.  Giving out a gentle pucker, she moved closer to him.  Their lips were just about to meet...

...When out of nowhere, the boat completely turned over and tossed them both into the water.  Jaime and Bart groaned in annoyance.  Garfield, however, was in total agony.  "We were so close!  So close!  What the heck happened?!"

Conner grabbed M'gann, who was trying to stay above water, from around her arms.  "Its okay!  I got you!  You're okay!"  As he brought her back to shore, he noticed a shady figure trying to sneak off.  He used his supervision to zoom in on it.  "La'gaan?!"

The jealous Atlantian froze like a deer in headlights.  Conner and M'gann stomped towards them, dripping wet and hopping mad.  "Did you capsize our boat?!"  La'gaan bit his lip, trying to come up with an excuse.  "Well, ya see, I—you—we—well, what was I supposed to do?  You were trying to beat my time with MY Angelfish!"  "If I recall, she broke up with you!"  "Shuddup, pretty boy!  M'gann can speak for herself!  Right, Angelfish?"

La'gaan and Conner turned to look at M'gann.  During the whole agrument, her big brown eyes had been fastened to Conner.  After a moment or two longer, she grabbed him by his soaked T-shirt and crashed her lips onto his, kissing him with force and passion before pushing him off.  He stared at her for a few moments before a slow smile found it's way onto his face.  She smirked at him, ignoring the horrified expression that La'gaan wore.

"I've wanted to do that for a long time."

First one for the win!  Sorry if its long.  I love Disney as much as I love Supermartian, so you'll see more fanfics and one-shots with the Disney touch in the future.  If you have any ideas or requests, I'd be more than happy to take them.  Please vote and comment!  I do not own YJ or DC.