Words

Featuring Justice Luthor, OC of peytonhip10 ! Enjoy! I do not own YJ or DC.

"Okay, team.  Training's over for today.  Go home and get some rest."  As the members headed towards the Zeta tubes, M'gann was stopped by a hand on her shoulder, a hand that made her stomach do a flip every time it made contact with her.  "Uh, h-hey M'gann."  Trying to calm her accelerating senses, she turned around to look at Conner's face, which still left her breathless every time she looked at it.

He looked nervous, and was even shaking a little as he rubbed the side of his neck.  "I umm...I wanted to—to tell you..."  She smiled a little bit, her heart rising.  Could it be true?  Was he finally about to say the words that she had waited so long to hear again?  He pointed a trembling finger right at her.  "You—You are..."  "Yes, Conner?", she asked, her heart beating faster.

"You...fight good."  Her heart sank.  "Oh.  Thanks."  She glanced down, rubbing her arm.  "I...I better get going.  I have to meet Uncle J'onn."  With sagging shoulders, she walked into the Zeta tubes and disappeared in a flash of white light.  After she was gone, Conner smacked himself on the face.  Stupid!

"That's it?!"  He turned around to see Mal, coming towards him.  "You spend the entire training session ogling her, and all you can come up with to say is, you fight good?!"  "I was gonna say something else, but I-I chickened out!", Conner exclaimed.  "I took one look at her face and my mind went blank.  Its just...I'm not good with words, is all."

"I'll say you're not!"  Conner recognized that sassy, sarcastic voice at once. Standing right behind Mal were his two sisters, Justice and Katie Luthor. They were similar in looks. They both had long, golden blond hair, blue eyes, and pale skin. They both had healthy figures and they both had the boys chasing after them. Most importantly, they both loved their friends and family, especially Conner. But the similarities ended right there.

Justice had suffered a terrible accident when she was sixteen, and had lost her right arm and her right eye. They were replaced with a bionic arm and eye, giving her supernatural abilities. She was rather a smart aleck, like her father, Lex Luthor, but not in the cynical way he was, but more lighthearted and playful than him.

Katie, on the other hand, was a different story. Besides being eight years younger than Justice, Katie wasn't a smart aleck.  In fact, she wasn't very smart at all.  She was a wonderful girl, but more often than not, she could be...what's the word I'm looking for?  Clueless.  But what she lacked in brains, she made up for in looks, friendliness, and personality.  And we're talking very few brains here, so we got a lot of LFP.

Right now, the Luthor sisters were both looking their brother down.  "'You fight good'?", Justice exclaimed.  "If a guy said that to me, I'd say, 'Tell me somethin' I don't know.'" Katie shook her head sadly. "KonKon, I love you, but you are the most unromantic boy I have ever met." Conner watched them leave, his shoulders slumped. "How am I supposed to tell her how I feel if I can't get the words out of my mouth?"

Nightwing draped his arm over his shoulders, grinning at his best friend. "Don't worry.", he said in a smooth confident voice. "I've gotta foolproof plan..."

The Next Day
"Are you guys sure this is gonna work?", Conner asked Mal and Nightwing as they hid behind a corner. "Absolutely! Its foolproof!", Mal told him. "Now get in there and do some woo!" Conner took a deep breath as he walked into the kitchen, where M'gann was mixing some cookie dough.

She looked up to see him enter and smiled at him. "Oh, hi Conner." He smiled back, turning on his super-hearing. "Hi, M'gann." He tuned in to listen to Mal whisper as softly as he could. "You look beautiful today." Conner spoke up. "You look beautiful today." She looked up, her cheeks turning the slightest shade of pink. "Really?" "Of course.", Nightwing whispered. "Its no surprise to me. You look beautiful everyday."

"Of course, its no surprise to me. You look beautiful everyday." Conner saw she was blushing, and knew it was working. "Your hair looks especially lovely today." "Your hair looks especially lovely today." Now she was blushing bright red and turning away from him, smiling shyly. "Now stand behind her and put your arms around her stomach." Conner walked over to stand behind M'gann and snuck his arms to hold her from behind on her stomach.

Feeling her heart soar high up, she placed her hands over his, leaning back into his embrace. "Turn her head towards yours and look into her eyes." Conner took her chin in his fingers and turned her head so that they were face to face, eye to eye, ice-blue to golden-red. M'gann felt her heart skip a beat, unable to control the heat in her face.

Nightwing and Mal smiled as they watched them. He didn't notice Justice and Katie chase Wolf into the room. "Now whisper the three little words that every woman wants to hear..." Just then, there was a squish. Nightwing looked down to see that he had stepped in a tiny pile of Wolf's "stuff". Mal made a face. "Man! That's disgusting!"

"Man, that's disgusting.", Conner said.  The smile slid right off M'gann's face.  "What?"  Mal realized what he just did.  "No, no, not that!"  "No, no, not that."  He looked up and quirked an eyebrow.  "Wait, isn't that four words?"  Now M'gann was just confused.  "What are you talking about?"  "Stop repeating everything we say!", Nightwing hissed.  "Stop repeating everything we say.", Conner said.

M'gann unwrapped herself from his embrace, her eyes narrowing.  "Wait a minute...are you listening to something?"  Conner shook his head, holding his hands up in defense.  "No!  Of course not!"  "QuickGrab her hands!"  He reached out to take her hands in his.  Now what?  He waited for instructions, but he got nothing.

Suddenly, Justice came into the kitchen, holding Mal by the ear in her normal hand, and Nightwing by the ear in her bionic one.  Katie followed in, carrying some sort of list.  "What is this stuff?  This sounds like the kind of stuff Damian says that gets him slapped in the face."  M'gann walked over.  "Let me see that."  She read it over.  "'You look beautiful today'?  'Your hair looks especially lovely'?  Hold her from behind on the stomach?"

She looked up at Conner.  "What is this?"  If Kryptonians could sweat, Conner would be soaked.  "I-I-I—"  "Was this your idea of a joke?!", she cried, her eyes stinging with tears.  "You think its funny to toy with my emotions?!"  "M'gann, I—"  She threw the paper in his face with watery eyes.  "I never wanna speak to you again!"  And with that, she flew to her room with her face buried in her hands.
-----------------
M'gann lay on her bed on her stomach, sobbing into her pillow.  I can't believe I actually thought Conner still might like me.  Just then, there was a knock at the door.  "Whoever it is, go away!"  "M'gann, its me!", Conner cried, his voice coming from the other side of the door.  "Go away!", she shouted. Unfortunately for her, Conner knew her passcode by heart.

The door swished open, and M'gann felt him sit at the foot of her bed. She looked up with puffy, swollen eyes and tearstained cheeks to see him looking at her with a guilty look on his face. "What do you want?", she sniffed. "Haven't you broken my heart enough." She saw him press his lips together in a firm line, still silent.

She saw him take off his fingerless glove and glance down at his palm in between words. "M'gann, I am...so sorry if you thought...that I was toying with you. The truth is...I have trouble talking to you. I..." She grabbed his hand and looked on it to see some writing. "You never learn, do you?"

He rubbed his temple. "Agh, this is so hard! When we were together, it was so easy to be around you! But now, every time you're around, I say something stupid! 'You fight good'? What got into me?! Why is it so hard for me to tell you that I'm still in love with you?!" A few moments passed as he realized what he had just said.

M'gann stared at him for what felt like forever as the heat rose in his face. He dipped his head, rubbing the side of his neck. "Look, I-I get it if you don't...it was stupid of me to think...I-I'll just go—" He was cut off by M'gann pinning him on her bed and crashing her lips onto his. Instinctively, he wrapped his arms around her small waist and pulled her closer to his person.

"Say cheese!"  They broke apart to see a flash.  When their blurred vision cleared, they saw Katie standing in the doorway, holding a big flash camera and smiling like a crazy person.  "This is SO going in my scrapbook!"  Justice came into the room and saw what was going on.  "Justice, DO something!"

She smirked.  "Okay."  She whipped out her cell phone and snapped a picture.  "That goes on Snapchat."  "Guys!"  Conner jumped up and chased his sisters down the hall.  M'gann stood in the doorway and watched, still smiling dreamily.