To Be Still

This one is based on Superboy's throw-away comment in "Salvage". Its probably going to be depressing and/or sad.  I do not own YJ or DC.

Conner flinched when he saw M'gann reach up on her toes to kiss La'gaan. It hurt to see her with him everyday. Not only that, but he was beginning to feel unwanted and useless by the other Team members. Even Garfield was too busy to pay attention to him. He missed feeling needed and loved. When no one was looking, which was almost all the time, he slunk away.
---------------------------------
M'gann walked through the halls. La'gaan was on a mission with Kaldur and Aquaman, and Gar was sleeping over at Robin's. She hadn't made any plans, so she was stuck in Mount Justice—with her ex-boyfriend. Just the thought of being alone with him made her uneasy.

Just then, she smelled something in the air.  It was pretty strong, and had the faintest scent of metal.  M'gann hurried down the hallways, faster and faster until she was flying, the scent growing stronger and stronger, until, at last, it led her to Conner's bedroom door.  Behind it, she could hear soft sobs of a male.  Her heart sinking to her stomach, she pressed in the code, opened the door, and gasped seeing what was behind it.

Conner sat on his bed, holding a glowing green Kryptonite knife, his wrists and hands covered in blood.  He had tears running down his face as he looked at M'gann, horrified of the sight before her.  Their eyes locked for a split second before he fainted onto the floor.  She flew to his side and picked him up, crying as she cradled him in her arms.  "What've I done?!  Conner, please, if you can hear me, don't die!  I can't live without you!"  She used her telepathy to contact the others.  Guys, come quick!  Superboy needs help!
--------------------------------
All he saw was white.  "Am I in heaven?"  He sat up as his vision cleared.  He was in the Cave MedBay, his wrists wrapped in yards of white bandages.  He looked to his right.  M'gann lay her head on the side of his bed, with deep circles around her eyes, like she hadn't slept in days.  He put his hand to her cheek, and was surprised to see it was damp, like she had been crying.  His touch made her stir, and she opened her eyes to see him sitting up in bed.

Her hands flew to his shoulders.  "You're okay!  Thank goodness, I was worried sick!  You've been unconscious for days!"  She gingerly touched his face, only to have him swat her hands away.  He glared at her.  "Why do you care?"  M'gann blinked.  "Why do I care? Conner, I've always cared about you!  You know that!"  He shook his head.  "No, you don't.  You're just pitying me.  You don't really care about me.  No one does."  She grabbed him by his shoulders and shook him.  "How can you say that?!  We all love you!  If you died, Dick would blame himself forever!  Mal and Karen would be crushed!  Garfield would be lost without you!  And me..."  She burst into tears.  "If anything happened to you, I would never be able to live with myself."  She buried her face in his shoulder, sobbing loud and hard.

He froze for a moment before putting his arms around her, rubbing her back.  "Ssssshhh...its okay.  I'm here."  He pressed his face to her hair.  "I promise, I'm not going anywhere."